What's new

Worth upgrading from Yamaha RXV-1200? (1 Viewer)

wes18

Agent
Real Name
Mark
I currently have Paradigm 20's, CC470, ADP 470, and Servo 15 sub. Receiver is a RXV-1200. Very happy with the speakers. Wondering if I can get a little more out of them with a more current receiver or separates. I'm not as worried about video switching as I connect everything to the TV. Would appreciate your thoughts. Have the itch to tinker around a little !!

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Alon Goldberg
Hi Mark - Excellent speakers, the Studio 20's and Servo 15 make for a great home theatre experience. Are you looking for strong two-channel audio performance? Or more geared towards home theatre? What is your budget for receiver or seperates?

wes18

Agent
Real Name
Mark
Primarily TV and dvds. TV through Comcast (w/ HD). Budget is relative to value it provides. I would say that Anthem AVM30 and corresponding Anthem amp would be the upper limit. Outlaw combo might be more realistic. Could go used for the amp but don't know if I would go used on the proc.

Basically wondering if the newer Yammies/Denon/Elites would provide any noticeable improvement. If not, I know the answer is stay the course until the 1200 gives out or go separates.

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Alon Goldberg
Anthem is a great match for your Paradigm Studio speakers. Outlaw or NAD are also solid choices. Personally I lean towards Rotel (RSP-1068 + RMB-1075) or Arcam (AVP700 + P1000).

Another option altogether would be to purchase a receiver such as the Arcam AVR350. Musically, the Arcam may very well be as close to seperates as any receiver on the market. This is one astonishing receiver. The AVR350 will certainly bring your bookshelf speakers to life, there is no comparison to the RX-V1200.

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Alon Goldberg
On second thought, for your bookshelf speakers I would probably lean towards a receiver over seperates. My first choice would probably be a Rotel RSX-1057 receiver, which is very musical. I've auditionned this receiver with both Monitor Audio Bronze bookshelfs and Paradigm Studio 20v3 and was very, very pleased.

The next step up from the Rotel would be an Arcam AVR300 or AVR350.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks