Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

name of a show? Candace Bushnell may have been involved. no not that one

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 of 14 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,653 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted December 23 2006 - 08:23 AM

i thought there was a show 5 years ago or so from the team who gave us sex and the city. at least thats how it was billed. or from the creator of sex and the city. was a half hr sitcom does this sound familiar to anyone. i liked it but it was only on a short time, less then a season i think.
facebook.com/whotony

#2 of 14 OFFLINE   Don Black

Don Black

Screenwriter

• 1,485 posts

Posted December 23 2006 - 11:22 PM

Perhaps you're referring to the show "Miss Match" with the adorable Alicia Silverstone?

#3 of 14 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,653 posts

Posted December 24 2006 - 02:20 AM

nope that wasnt the one. i remeber that, it was only about 2 - 3 years for that one. this show had someone who makes me think of the blond star of studio 60.
facebook.com/whotony

#4 of 14 OFFLINE   Mary_P

Mary_P

Second Unit

• 452 posts

Posted December 24 2006 - 02:44 AM

Maybe "Grosse Point"?

http://www.amazon.co....?ie=UTF8&s=dvd

It was from Darren Star Productions in 2000.

#5 of 14 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,653 posts

Posted December 24 2006 - 04:58 AM

nope never watched that. the show i cant remember the name of was half hr sitcom type. like friends mixed with sex and the city. the leads were adult not teens or college students
facebook.com/whotony

#6 of 14 OFFLINE   Craig S

Craig S

Producer

• 5,668 posts
  • LocationLeague City, Texas

Posted December 29 2006 - 04:30 AM

You're not thinking of the horrendous American adaptation of "Coupling", are you? The original (and very funny) British version of this was often described as a merging of "Friends" & SatC.
Three truths about movies, as noted by Roger Ebert:

* It's not what a movie is about, it's how it is about it.
* No good movie is too long, and no bad movie is short enough.
* No good movie is depressing, all bad movies are depressing.

#7 of 14 OFFLINE   Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino

Lead Actor

• 8,313 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted December 29 2006 - 05:49 AM

Sex and the City alumni David Frankel and Barry Jossen did a 2000 sitcom called The Grapvine which featured Kristy Swanson, who looks a bit like Sarah Paulson from certain angles. Apparently this was a reworking of a pre-S&tC (1992) series with the same characters but different actors. (Except for one actor who was in both, but played different characters. Posted Image)

Could this be it?

Regards,

Joe

#8 of 14 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,653 posts

Posted December 29 2006 - 10:06 AM

nope, i rmember that show.
facebook.com/whotony

#9 of 14 OFFLINE   Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino

Lead Actor

• 8,313 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted December 29 2006 - 12:18 PM

On the other hand, it ran for six episodes over six years ago, and you can barely remember it, so how sure can you be it was Paulson and not Swanson? Posted Image

Regards,

Joe

#10 of 14 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 38,215 posts

Posted December 29 2006 - 01:47 PM

It was probably Leap of Faith.
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#11 of 14 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,653 posts

Posted December 29 2006 - 02:18 PM

you know patrick, when i started researching(very minimal) i thought it might be that. i didnt want to mention the show by name to not taint the other popple trying to help me. but i think that might be it. the first thing i did was look for paulson appearances in tv shows and that came up. so i think patrick has it on the nose. i think this is a key clue.... Trivia for "Leap of Faith" (2002) * Canceled after three episodes aired. this is what i remembered.
facebook.com/whotony

#12 of 14 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,653 posts

Posted December 29 2006 - 02:32 PM

tv.com has a much clearer description This half-hour single-camera comedy, Leap of Faith , created by Jenny Bicks, is about the relationships between a close circle of friends in their 30s. At the center is Faith Wardwell (Sarah Paulson), a spirited young woman who calls off her engagement to a "good on paper" guy and takes a leap of faith back into the single life to discover what it's like when you stop doing what you should do, and start doing what makes you happy. After a fling with an attractive actor prompts her to cancel her nuptials, Faith finds herself back in the company of her outspoken circle of friends who provide varied perspectives on life. There's Patty (Lisa Edelstein), Faith's free-spirited single friend and co-worker who's always looking for Mr. Right Now; Cynthia (Regina King), Faith's no-nonsense married neighbor who likes to speak her mind on all issues, relevant to her or not; and Andy (Ken Marino), Faith's fun-loving best friend from college who works as a reporter at Rolling Stone. Faith also gets advice from her eccentric socialite mother, Cricket (Jill Clayburgh), while her advertising executive boss, Lucas, is constantly trying to keep Faith's mind on her job. dont know what sparked this. most likely seeing her on studio 60. i liked the show but it was on and gone.
facebook.com/whotony

#13 of 14 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 38,215 posts

Posted December 29 2006 - 04:59 PM

I remember the show because Ken Marino was on Dawson's Creek at the time, wooing Joey Potter as any randy college professor does to new freshman college girls, and then they wrote him out of the show so he could go be on "Leap of Faith" (ironically, so). Also, Paulson's lisp was so pronounced on that show, it was tough to tolerate her as the lead character. Lisa Edelstein had just come off of a multi-episode arc playing a pre-op transexual character on Ally McBeal, so it was weird seeing her play a normal woman on the show.
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#14 of 14 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,653 posts

Posted December 31 2006 - 05:03 PM

patrick, would you change the title to Leap of Faith with Sarah Paulson, anyone remember it?
facebook.com/whotony

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users