What's new

Any difference between The Office (UK version) Region 1 & 2 DVD's? (1 Viewer)

I currently have the DivX versions of BBC's The Office, but I've decided to purchase the The Office - The Complete Series.

Amazon and Amazon.co.uk both have it. I have a region free DVD player that plays back PAL discs, the technical issues are not a problem.

I was just curious to know if anybody here has/had either versions and noticed if there are any differences between the different region releases.

Thanks guys and gals!

Andrew!A

Stunt Coordinator

I have the UK versions of the original releases (Season 1, Season 2, and the Special). I am 99% sure that the Region 1 discs are the same, with the same bonus content. BTW, the bonus stuff is excellent on all three sets.

Ravi K

Supporting Actor
The R1 version of series 1 includes a translation of "Slough slang" for American viewers who may not understand all the words or references. Its probably best to get the original PAL versions so you don't have to deal with PAL to NTSC issues, but I own the R1 discs and they look fine.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
The complete series set unfortunately doesn't include the translation sheet; I think that's only if you buy them separately.

Still, it's not worth the extra few $$ you'd be spending if you bought them all separately.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks