Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Any difference between The Office (UK version) Region 1 & 2 DVD's?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   George Khawahie

George Khawahie

Extra

• 24 posts

Posted December 18 2006 - 05:40 PM

I currently have the DivX versions of BBC's The Office, but I've decided to purchase the The Office - The Complete Series.

Amazon and Amazon.co.uk both have it. I have a region free DVD player that plays back PAL discs, the technical issues are not a problem.

I was just curious to know if anybody here has/had either versions and noticed if there are any differences between the different region releases.

Thanks guys and gals!

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Andrew!A

Andrew!A

Stunt Coordinator

• 53 posts

Posted December 21 2006 - 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Khawahie
I currently have the DivX versions of BBC's The Office, but I've decided to purchase the The Office - The Complete Series.

Amazon and Amazon.co.uk both have it. I have a region free DVD player that plays back PAL discs, the technical issues are not a problem.

I was just curious to know if anybody here has/had either versions and noticed if there are any differences between the different region releases.

Thanks guys and gals!

I have the UK versions of the original releases (Season 1, Season 2, and the Special). I am 99% sure that the Region 1 discs are the same, with the same bonus content. BTW, the bonus stuff is excellent on all three sets.

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   George Khawahie

George Khawahie

Extra

• 24 posts

Posted December 21 2006 - 11:31 AM

Thanks for your input.

I couldn't find a difference between the sets, so I went ahead and ordered the R1 release. Posted Image

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Ravi K

Ravi K

Supporting Actor

• 707 posts

Posted December 21 2006 - 03:40 PM

The R1 version of series 1 includes a translation of "Slough slang" for American viewers who may not understand all the words or references. Its probably best to get the original PAL versions so you don't have to deal with PAL to NTSC issues, but I own the R1 discs and they look fine.

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   AnthonyC

AnthonyC

Screenwriter

• 2,341 posts

Posted December 22 2006 - 08:36 AM

The complete series set unfortunately doesn't include the translation sheet; I think that's only if you buy them separately.

Still, it's not worth the extra few $$ you'd be spending if you bought them all separately.