What's new

Has anyone bought Complete Series sets (1 Viewer)

Dean C

Second Unit
Real Name
Dean
This topic is on if anyone bought the entire series on one box.

I have only Land of the Lost. I would've bought Friends, but between my sister and I we have all the seasons.

Battlestar Galactica the original series is a complete set

Buck Rogers is also.

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
I have the following Complete Series sets: Get Smart, Battlestar Galactica, Buck Rogers, The Job, The Flash, Police Squad!, Sledge Hammer!, Star Trek Animated Series, V

I also have complete sets of: Arrested Development, The A-Team, The Dukes of Hazzard, Land of the Lost, Gilligan's Island, The Greatest American Hero, Star Trek, Star Trek: TNG.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
I bought the DS9 complete series collection. Worked out to be what I would pay for 7 individual sets of your average-priced TV DVD set. Trek was anything but average-priced individually.

I collected each season of ANGEL as they were originally released.

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
Done in one: Get Smart, Prisoner, Are You Being Served, Battlestar Galactica (the good old one), Buck Rogers, Adventures of Brisco County Jr, Jack of All Trades, Thunderbirds, Flash, All-American Girl, Firefly, Black Books, Spaced, and several other one season complete series sets.

Seperate but complete for me now: Good Times, Three's Company, Soap, Pretender (not counting TV movies coming soon), Sledge Hammer, Time Tunnel, Wonder Woman, Remington Steele, Munsters, Gilligan's Island, Persuaders, Greatest American Hero, Blake's 7 among others.

Series I plan on completing that all are already out or coming soon: A-Team(+2-3), Dukes of Hazzard (+4-3), Moonlighting(+2-2), Futurama(+2-2) and eventually I will get aroud to Buffy(+6-1), Roswell(+1-2), Angel(+3-2) and Knight Rider(had 1, after a while I found it did not work, had to sell to recover funds, now approaching Universal releases a set at a time and A-Team and Magnum are part of my slow cycle of purchases but I will get all 4 eventually).

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
I have the Original Battlestar Galactica, Planet of the Apes, Firefly, Blue Thunder, Thunderbirds, Joe 90, Captain Scarlett, The Secret Service, UFO, Johnny Quest, Spiderman (1967), Return to the Planet of the Apes & Flash Gordon (1979).

I also have the complete collections of The Time Tunnel, 21 Jump Street, Knight Rider, Little House on the Prairie, & Wonder Woman.:D

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
I bought the complete M*A*S*H and Get Smart boxsets. I already had all the seasons I wanted (if any) of the other series that put out complete packages.

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
I bought complete series of:
The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.
Battlestar Galactica
The Comeback
Father of the Pride
Get Smart
Invasion
Jack of All Trades
Monty Python
My So-Called Life
Planet of the Apes
Police Squad
V: The Complete Series
Wonderfalls

I have separate, but completed series:
Arrested Development
The A-Team
The Brady Bunch
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Dawson's Creek
The Dukes of Hazzard
Friends
Futurama
Gilligan's Island
Hearts Afire
The Land of the Lost
M*A*S*H
Remington Steele
Soap
Star Trek: TOS
Stark Trek: TNG
3rd Rock From the Sun
Three's Company
Wonder Woman

Not to far from completed:
Charmed
The Dead Zone
The Flintstones
The Flying Nun
F-Troop
Full House
Hogan's Heroes
Justice League Unlimited
Moonlighting
Mork & Mindy
My Favorite Martian
NewsRadio
Quantum Leap
Seinfeld
Taxi

htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I bought Buffy the Vampire Slayer as a complete set. It was a blind buy too.

And monty Python. Otherwise I;ve been buying the seasons as they come out.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Most "complete sets" are just the individual releases in one wrap-around box, or just all the seasons shipped at once, sometimes at a discounted price. One that isn't is Homicide, a show I caught from time to time and liked, but always wanted to watch in order for the on-going stories. It was too expensive and too far down on my list of priorities, so I never picked any of the sets up as they were released.

Glad I didn't. :) I just ordered the complete series set for $150 with free 2 day shipping from Amazon. Unlike the individual releases it includes the Law & Order episodes that form half of the several cross-overs the two series did, and the TV movie finale, along with other bonus material unique to the megaset.

Regards,

Joe

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
A TEAM individual sets
BATTLESTAR GLACTICA (Original)
BUCK ROGERS IN THE 25th CENTURY
COMBAT! individual sets
DICK VAN DYKE SHOW COMPLETE SET
EARTH 2
GET SMART (if it ever arrives)
HOGAN'S HEROES
JONNY QUEST
LOIS AND CLARK
LOONEY TUNES VOLUME SETS
NEW AVENGERS
OUTER LIMITS ORIGINAL SERIES
POLICE SQUAD
RIFLEMAN BOX SETS (6 sets so far)
SECRET AGENT MEGASET 1-Hr SERIES
TIME TUNNEL
TWILIGHT ZONE ORIGINAL DEF VERSION

MINISERIES:

BAND OF BROTHERS
RICH MAN POOR MAN BOOK 1 (PAL)
SHOGUN MINISERIES
V - THE ORIGINAL MINISERIES

Series that I'd buy complete if/when available:

ADAM-12
ADDAMS FAMILY
BARNEY MILLER
BEWITCHED (90% certain I'd complete)
BIONIC WOMAN (PAL)
COLUMBO
I DREAM OF JEANNIE (75% certain)
ROCKFORD FILES
WHO'S THE BOSS

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Homicide: Life on the Street Megaset

I already had several seasons, but couldn't resist this more complete package.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I have all the seasons for West Wing, expect Season 7. I am holding out on this as a Christmas or birthday present. I have all the seasons to date for the Mary Tyler Moore Show and the Bob Newhart Show. I will continue to purchase the seasons for those two shows when they become available.

Demis G

Second Unit
Real Name
Demetris G
I JUST bought my first complete series set..

CHARMED - THE BOOK OF SHADOWS edition

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
I've upgraded Buffy and Sex And The City to the complete series sets (sold the originals off, nice space-saver for both) and picked up Friends not long ago

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
I had all 7 (6 boxes worth) but double-dipped anyway. Now looking to offload the individual sets.

I bought MASH as well, but I only had the first 3 seasons so that was a no-brainer.

Not sure if it really counts, I also got ST:TOS in a single package, which was really just the three seasons boxsets in a cardboard holder.

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
I got The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr., Get Smart!, Thunderbirds, The Forsyte Saga (the original and best!), and some rare one-season shows like Loretta Young's 1962/63 sitcom. On a related note, yesterday I got in the mail all three seasons of Arrested Development via an eBay auction. I still have my eye on the Emma Peel Mega-Set from The Avengers, but that'll have to wait until I get more $$, LOL!

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell

Oh yeah, I have that to, as well as Jack Of All Trades.

Most of you are posting individual sets, that doesn't really count, based on the thread title. I'm sure we could all prattle on and list every TVD set we own.

Richard_Gregory

Second Unit
I would have if I'd known they were coming - you usually get a discount although by that time the individual sets are at sale prices anyway so the price difference isn't so great.

I have many series where I have full sets. Sometimes I've bought complete series by buying all the seasons at once.

If a series I want is initially released as complete then I'd buy it that way.

The only exception might be on sets I import from other countries - that's because the individual seasons or half-seasons are usually under the limit for import taxes, whilst a big multi-season set wouldn't be. That can add up to 30% onto the price...

This factor will make the complete Land of the Giants more expensive for me, than it would be to buy each set on it's own.

Having Time Tunnel and Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea released in half-seasons has worked in my favour import wise.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks