Eminent Technology Model 17 (Thigpen rotary woofer)
... some notable quotes ...
| Want to hear what 5Hz sounds like? A new woofer technology unlike any other and a new product category for home audio. This is the first home audio woofer delivering true response to DC. The Thigpen rotary woofer is the worlds first true infrasonic home audio or home theater woofer. |
- Amplifier Requirement 200 watts @ 8 ohms
- impedance 8 ohms 0Hz - 40Hz
- Frequency response 1Hz – 30Hz +/- 4dB
- suggested crossover 30Hz @ 18dB/octave
- Sensitivity 94dB 1 watt 1 meter @10Hz
- Maximum acoustic output >110dB between 0 and 30Hz.
- Distortion typically 3% or less between 1 and 30Hz @90dB
Note, the Model 17 must be professionally installed in an attic or basement which becomes an infinite baffle.
Rotary Woofer Pricing:
- TRW-17 transducer $12,900.00
- Motor Controller $350.00
- Amplifier and crossover $700.00
- Design and installation, typical $8,000-$12,000*