What's new

The Kremlin Letter (1970) DVD (1 Viewer)

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
I've read that better materials for the DVD transfer are being sourced. I think it will happen. It shows up on the Fox Movie Channel with some frequency.

Steve.P

Agent

I was wondering the very same thing! Being a collector of Orson Welles material, not to mention a great admirer of John Huston, I was eagerly looking forward to this appearing in my Xmas stocking. Oh, well. There's always my birthday, I suppose.

ted:r

Second Unit
Watching the commentary for "The Quiller Memorandum" the other night, the commentators mentioned this movie as being part of this batch. Hopefully, it's not a Becket/Panic in Needle Park situation.

Dan McW

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
A friend of mine saw this in its original theatrical run and recalls a scene where Boone attended an opera. He says this scene is missing from the FMC version. IMDb and other sources show a run time of 120 minutes for the film, while other sources say 116m. Anyone else recall the opera scene? Could that account for the discrepancy in run times and possibly the DVD's delay?

Irina

Second Unit
Real Name
Irina
The DVD is listed on amazon.com again with 4-6 weeks availability.

Charles H

Screenwriter
It would be great to get the other John Huston/Fox films on dvd: THE ROOTS OF HEAVEN, A WALK WITH LOVE AND DEATH, and THE BARBARIAN AND THE GEISHA, the only "major" John Wayne film not on dvd. Despite its obvious faults, BARBARIAN is one gorgeous looking film.

ted:r

Second Unit

I need to correct myself here, since 'Becket" and "The Panic In Needle Park" have seen the light of day.

I hope it IS a Becket/Panic in Needle Park situation!

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Well, now I'm hearing they turned up some footage of Huston's last rectal exam and they want to include that in the special features and that's what is holding this up!

Charles H

Screenwriter
THE KREMLIN LETTER is announced (letterboxed) for FMC on April 14 with some May showings . Would this be in anticipation of the long-delayed dvd release?

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
It's been shown LTXed on FMC before. It may not mean anything. I'd get ready to record it, though.

Charles H

Screenwriter
The letterboxed THE KREMLIN LETTER shown on FMC was an excellent transfer (and it's a much better spy film than I remembered with a chillingly cynical ending and a very eclectic cast). Maltin lists the film as 113 minutes but the print shown was 120 minutes. Maybe that was the hangup with the once-announced dvd release.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks