Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Can someone please help me find the name of this show...?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 OFFLINE   Heathen

Heathen

Stunt Coordinator

• 56 posts

Posted December 14 2006 - 01:34 PM

I would be most eternally grateful if anyone can help me remember the name of this show... It was about 20 years ago, and if memory serves correct, was on for about 2-3 years. It came on late Friday nights, sometimes VERY late. The premise of the show was that it took old black & white movies, and re-dubbed lines over them to create a new "story line", with some very slapstick comedy. I am sorry that I can not give a more detailed description of the show, but for some strange reason, it just popped into my head not too long ago, and like an old song you can't get rid of, I don't think that I can let go until I find out the name, and it is killing me... The name "Madcap Movies" keeps rotating around, even though I know that not to be the name. Can someone please help me to end this anguish? I would be so grateful.... TIA...

#2 of 9 OFFLINE   JohnMor

JohnMor

Producer

• 3,580 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted December 14 2006 - 02:18 PM

Was it by any chance "Mad Movies with the LA Connection?" That was on around 1985 and was the same premise you describe.

#3 of 9 OFFLINE   rockinricky

rockinricky

Stunt Coordinator

• 72 posts

Posted December 14 2006 - 02:19 PM

I remember this show! It was called "Mad Movies with the L.A. Connection". It was HILARIOUS!!!

#4 of 9 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Executive Producer

• 16,370 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted December 14 2006 - 03:38 PM

blobermouth

Mad Movies with the L.A. Connection

http://www.amazon.co....058264-1513730
facebook.com/whotony

#5 of 9 OFFLINE   Tory

Tory

Screenwriter

• 1,321 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted December 14 2006 - 03:59 PM

I never saw this but it looks interesting. Of a similar interest you might try Jay Ward's Fractured Flickers although it is less structured as it is a montage of clips from silent movies joined together in sketch like segments voiced by many of those found in Rocky & Bullwinkle.
Hungry enough to eat a turnip and call it a turkey.

#6 of 9 OFFLINE   David Rain

David Rain

Screenwriter

• 1,104 posts

Posted December 14 2006 - 05:16 PM

Now that's a blast from the past ! I'd forgotten about that show.
Still Turning the Beat Around at Our Cool New Pad

Retro Remixes

#7 of 9 OFFLINE   Heathen

Heathen

Stunt Coordinator

• 56 posts

Posted December 14 2006 - 09:43 PM

DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! I think we have a winner... THANK YOU so very much for helping me with that... I had heard rumors that they have released this on DVD, but only as a direct from the manufacturer release... Can anyone confirm that? If so, do you have the info to share....?

#8 of 9 OFFLINE   Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 5,983 posts
  • LocationCould be anywhere

Posted December 14 2006 - 11:39 PM

I remember that too. I always thought it was Mystery Science Theater 3000 or a segment from Whose Line is it Anyway? that I was remembering. But it was that show.
Silly Party Candidate: Tarquin Fin- tim- lim- bim- whin- bim- lim- bus- stop- F'tang- F'tang- Olè- Biscuitbarrel

#9 of 9 OFFLINE   Heathen

Heathen

Stunt Coordinator

• 56 posts

Posted December 15 2006 - 06:45 AM

Can someone close this thread please as the question has been answered...? TIA