-

Photo
- - - - -

New Timeless Media & Millcreek Releases

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
156 replies to this topic

#141 of 157 OFFLINE   Stephen Bowie

Stephen Bowie

Stunt Coordinator

• 151 posts

Posted September 23 2009 - 09:38 AM

Timeless also stuck the same opening title on each episode of M Squad.  It might've seemed like a good idea at the time, but it's a minor annoyance because it means I can't tell how good or bad the image quality of the rest of the episode will be until after the theme.

#142 of 157 OFFLINE   DeWilson

DeWilson

Screenwriter

• 1,979 posts

Posted September 23 2009 - 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Bowie 

Timeless also stuck the same opening title on each episode of M Squad.  It might've seemed like a good idea at the time, but it's a minor annoyance because it means I can't tell how good or bad the image quality of the rest of the episode will be until after the theme.
....also,did the show have a couple of slighty different opening titles?

#143 of 157 OFFLINE   Tim Tucker

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter

• 1,023 posts

Posted September 24 2009 - 03:23 AM

Yes, but the set has different titles for each season.
BARBARA WRIGHT: You're from Earth?
MORTON DILL: No... no, ma'am, I... I'm from Alabama.
Doctor Who: Flight Through Eternity

#144 of 157 OFFLINE   Doug^Ch

Doug^Ch

Second Unit

• 451 posts

Posted October 23 2009 - 03:55 AM

I see that Timeless is releasing the Chuck Connor's series Branded as a complete series.  I think I read somewhere that the versions they used in their previous releases were badly cut syndicated prints; what are the chances that they would use some uncut prints this go around?

#145 of 157 OFFLINE   Bob Gu

Bob Gu

Supporting Actor

• 608 posts

Posted October 23 2009 - 08:19 AM

No chance, if the run-time listed at Tvshowsondvd.com for the complete set, 1144 minutes, is correct.  With 48 episodes and roughly two hours of extras the episodes would come in at  22 minutes. 

BRANDED was originally produced by Goodson-Toddman and was sold at some point to King World syndication, which in turn is now part of CBS Paramount.  King World, I think, supplied the prints to Timeless for Branded. If, uncut prints exist they should be with Paramount now. Maybe? 

#146 of 157 OFFLINE   Doug^Ch

Doug^Ch

Second Unit

• 451 posts

Posted October 24 2009 - 06:33 AM

Thanks for figuring that out Bob; I guess I will stay clear of that title.  I know with the Guns of Will Sonnet, it was so badly cut, it was hard to figure out what was even going on half of the time.

#147 of 157 OFFLINE   Bob Gu

Bob Gu

Supporting Actor

• 608 posts

Posted October 24 2009 - 11:58 AM

Doug, if you can find a good deal for the season sets of Branded, they would still be worth buying.  The extra on the Season 2 set, Branded's creator Larry Cohen talking about his career,  is very entertaining and interesting. Cohen also created, The Invaders and Coronet Blue.

Some of the cuts on Branded are pretty bad. The worst was an episode where two famous (to me anyway) western badguy actors are watching Jason McCord, obviously up to no good.  The scene changes  and they are nowhere to be seen and don't show up later in the episode.  McCord must have dispatched them in the cut scene.  It's pretty lame when they edit out action scenes on an action show!

#148 of 157 OFFLINE   Brian:C

Brian:C

Stunt Coordinator

• 84 posts

Posted January 24 2012 - 10:17 PM

Just a quick note. Sam's Club has two great deals right now: M Squad 117 episode set 19.98!!!!! The Texan 70 Episode set 15.98 Above are new shipments, not old stock. Other deals in the new stock: Wide Country 19.98 State Trooper 2&3 15.98 Tall Man Complete series 19.98 Gene Autry Season 1 & 2 !5.98 each Overland Trail 15.98 Desty 15.98 Brian
Classic TV on DVD Episode Release Guide

Current Recommendations:
Tiimless Media: Brenner, Red Skelton In Color
VCI: Burkes LawMillcreek: Best Of Jack BennyCBS/Paramount:Mannix

#149 of 157 OFFLINE   oldtvshowbuff

oldtvshowbuff

Second Unit

• 370 posts

Posted February 15 2012 - 08:20 AM

Riverboat fans, rejoice! The complete series is now slated for a May 22 release in a 6-DVD set containing 44 episodes. I know there'll be some bitching about packing so many episodes into so few discs when I think 10 or 11 would be more appropriate. I figure The Restless gun will be given a complete set treatment later this year.

#150 of 157 OFFLINE   Guy Foulard

Guy Foulard

Second Unit

• 316 posts

Posted February 15 2012 - 08:53 AM

Riverboat fans, rejoice! The complete series is now slated for a May 22 release in a 6-DVD set containing 44 episodes. I know there'll be some bitching about packing so many episodes into so few discs when I think 10 or 11 would be more appropriate. I figure The Restless gun will be given a complete set treatment later this year.

Is it actually possible to fit that many episodes on single-sided discs? It averages out to 7.33 per disc, and 6 hours of material. Are they going to go double-sided for this one?

#151 of 157 OFFLINE   DeWilson

DeWilson

Screenwriter

• 1,979 posts

Posted February 15 2012 - 08:54 AM

Now if TIMELESS could do something about the M-SQUAD box set and the poor quality episodes.

#152 of 157 OFFLINE   Richard V

Richard V

Screenwriter

• 1,541 posts

Posted February 16 2012 - 02:51 AM

Now if TIMELESS could do something about the M-SQUAD box set and the poor quality episodes.

My understanding about this, is that in an effort to give us the most complete collection possible, TMG resorted to getting the best copies from collectors that they could. Unless some new prints or masters have appeared on the scene, this is probably the best we are going to get.
See you at the pah-ty, Richter.

#153 of 157 OFFLINE   DeWilson

DeWilson

Screenwriter

• 1,979 posts

Posted February 16 2012 - 05:30 AM

My understanding about this, is that in an effort to give us the most complete collection possible, TMG resorted to getting the best copies from collectors that they could. Unless some new prints or masters have appeared on the scene, this is probably the best we are going to get.

I know that - Universal found a large number of prints to various B&W series recently which is why were are getting the complete sets of late - so i wonder if they found the M-SQUAD episodes they used collector copies on.

#154 of 157 OFFLINE   Richard V

Richard V

Screenwriter

• 1,541 posts

Posted February 16 2012 - 07:47 AM

I know that - Universal found a large number of prints to various B&W series recently which is why were are getting the complete sets of late - so i wonder if they found the M-SQUAD episodes they used collector copies on.

If they did for M-Squad, then I would be all in to purchase the new and improved M-Squad in a heartbeat.
See you at the pah-ty, Richter.

#155 of 157 OFFLINE   oldtvshowbuff

oldtvshowbuff

Second Unit

• 370 posts

Posted February 21 2012 - 07:37 AM

If there was a vintage sitcom that could be released in color, "Pistols And Petticoats" could fit the bill, a western sitcom from its only season in 1966-67 on CBS from Kayro/UTV productions, it was the saga of the Hanks family and a bumbling sheriff of Wretched, CO. Ann Sheridan, Douglas Fowley, Ruth McDevitt, Carole Wells, and Gary Vinson starred in that series, and Sheridan died of cancer before the series ended its one year run. Lets get on Timeless for release a set like that!

#156 of 157 OFFLINE   kingfish

kingfish

Screenwriter

• 1,005 posts

Posted February 21 2012 - 08:38 AM

i still can't believe the treatment the studios gave to crime story.

#157 of 157 OFFLINE   Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick

Screenwriter

• 2,413 posts

Posted March 09 2012 - 05:01 AM

Anyone get the new Cimarron City set yet? Was wondering about the quality of the prints. Are they a little sub-par like Laramie and Tall Man or are they a little better like Tales of Wells Fargo and Wagon Train?
...When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth

Top 20 Films