Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Narnia 4-disc SE booklets missing?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

#1 of 17 OFFLINE   Bobby S

Bobby S

Extra

• 21 posts

Posted December 13 2006 - 08:50 PM

Just got the new 4-disc Chronicles of Narnia SE and there is no booklet inside, although the photo on the back of the package showing the contents of the set seems to show a booklet. There is a very large pocket on the inside of the packaging ut the only thing in it was a rebate form. I brought my copy back to Wal-Mart and they actually opened another set for me to check if it had the booklet, but that one didn't have it, either. I believe some people are reporting their set had the booklet, and some are saying theirs did not, but does anyone know for sure if these are supposed to be included with the set? It sure seems odd that the 2-disc edition had a nice booklet included, but the deluxe 4-disc edition doesn't. I can't keep returning the set to exchange and hope the next set I get has the booklet. I e-mailed Disney but no response so far. Thanks to anyone who has any answers.

#2 of 17 OFFLINE   JimTravis

JimTravis

Extra

• 17 posts

Posted December 14 2006 - 01:59 AM

Seems to show a booklet?

#3 of 17 OFFLINE   Frank@N

Frank@N

Screenwriter

• 1,718 posts

Posted December 14 2006 - 03:17 AM

Kind of a rip for $35, but they might have changed their mind during disc production.

I've seen sets with pockets before but no produced booklet, maybe you can score a two-disc booklet and throw it in (that's what I'd do).

#4 of 17 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,535 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted December 14 2006 - 03:31 AM

Try calling Disney's CS. A number of years ago, my toddler cousin mangled the insert from my Little Mermaid disc, and they were more than happy to send a replacement (in fact, they sent an entire new case).
"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#5 of 17 OFFLINE   James D

James D

Second Unit

• 427 posts

Posted December 14 2006 - 08:13 AM

I just received my copy from Amazon. Alas, there was no booklet in my copy(so it's not just a batch that Wally World got).

#6 of 17 OFFLINE   Jeff Cooper

Jeff Cooper

Screenwriter

• 1,259 posts

Posted December 14 2006 - 08:22 AM

No bookelt in my copy either, purchased from a brick and mortar Best Buy.
-Jeff Cooper

"Curse you inspector Dim! You are too clever for us naughty people."

#7 of 17 OFFLINE   BrandonJF

BrandonJF

Second Unit

• 436 posts

Posted December 14 2006 - 09:06 AM

Got mine from Amazon - no booklet. I already sent off an e-mail to Disney DVD, but haven't heard back. Probably will have to just call anyway. One of the online reviews also mentioned that they did not receive the booklet.

#8 of 17 OFFLINE   Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D

Screenwriter

• 2,686 posts

Posted December 14 2006 - 01:17 PM

As I mentioned in the review thread, I received the 'Companion Guide' inside my copy. The cover is the same as what is shown on the back of the case (deep red with gold borders). It's made up of six pages of plenty of small photos taken during various stages of the film's production. The sixth page unfolds out to show the menu charts for all four discs and the back of the booklet contains the scene selections for the film. Got mine at a Future Shop in Toronto. Guess I came out lucky.

I'd say call Disney for a copy of the booklet as this sounds pretty widespread in the US so far.
Recently watched- Saturn 3, Cheers: Season 6, Nosferatu: The Vampyre, Battle Beyond The Stars, Invasion Of The Body Snatchers(1978), Ransom, Dragonheart, Tomb Of Ligeia, Bloodlust: Subspecies III, Gorky Park, The Last Man On Earth(1964), Lost: Season 6, Transformers Age Of Extinction 3D, The World's End, Toy Story Of Terror!, X-Men: Days Of Future Past 3D, Bloodstone: Subspecies II

Currently watching- Planet Earth, True Blood: Season 2, Gatchaman: The Complete Series, The Equalizer: Season 2, Tales From The Crypt: Season 2, WKRP In Cincinnati: Season 1, Arrow: Season 2

Irina Asanova - "KGB have better cars, you know."
Arkady Renko - "Ah, but they don't always take you where you want to go, do they?"

#9 of 17 OFFLINE   JasonKZ

JasonKZ

Stunt Coordinator

• 191 posts

Posted December 15 2006 - 12:43 AM

Bought mine at Buy.com, and it is missing too..........

#10 of 17 OFFLINE   Bobby S

Bobby S

Extra

• 21 posts

Posted December 15 2006 - 10:23 AM

Checked out the packaging today for the deluxe Gift Set with the bookends, and on the back of the box depicting the contents of the set a booklet is shown and referred to as an 8-page collectors booklet showing the Narnia time line, or something to that effect. So apparently if you buy the Gift Set you do indeed get a booklet as well as a certificate of authenticity for the set. Just seems foolish on Disney's part to omit this booklet from the regular 4-disc editions, especially if thay managed to include it in Canadian editions.

#11 of 17 OFFLINE   Mark_TB

Mark_TB

Second Unit

• 339 posts
  • LocationOmaha, Nebraska

Posted December 15 2006 - 10:38 AM

Just received my 4-dsic set from Amazon today -- no booklet. The description on the back of the box does say it includes "a vivid and in-depth companion guidebook" -- if this is the booklet in question, there's no doubt that it should have been included. Time to call Disney.

Mark

#12 of 17 OFFLINE   James D

James D

Second Unit

• 427 posts

Posted December 16 2006 - 04:29 AM

According to DVD Empire, the missing booklet was a mistake. If you call 1-800-723-4763, Disney will send you the booklet.

#13 of 17 OFFLINE   JasonKZ

JasonKZ

Stunt Coordinator

• 191 posts

Posted December 18 2006 - 08:22 AM

MAJOR Kudos to Disney. I e-mailed them the complaint on Thursday night, got a response on Friday morning requesting my mailing address, and my replacement booklet arrived in the mail TODAY on Monday. Amazing!!

#14 of 17 OFFLINE   Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H

Producer

• 4,053 posts
  • LocationNorth of the 49th

Posted December 18 2006 - 10:18 AM

People always jump all over Disney, but I will give them credit where credit is due: they have one of the best customer complaint departments around. I had problems with the Dinosaur 2-Disc SE and they sent me a replacement within 2 weeks.
"My opinion is that (a) anyone who actually works in a video store and does not understand letterboxing has given up on life, and (b) any customer who prefers to have the sides of a movie hacked off should not be licensed to operate a video player."-- Roger Ebert

#15 of 17 OFFLINE   norrisMc

norrisMc

Stunt Coordinator

• 212 posts

Posted December 18 2006 - 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonKZ
MAJOR Kudos to Disney. I e-mailed them the complaint on Thursday night, got a response on Friday morning requesting my mailing address, and my replacement booklet arrived in the mail TODAY on Monday. Amazing!!

What is there email address?
Norris

#16 of 17 OFFLINE   JasonKZ

JasonKZ

Stunt Coordinator

• 191 posts

Posted December 19 2006 - 08:18 AM

http://studio.go.com....lem/report.tpl

or

WDHE Report Problem Mailbox [ReportProblem@dvd-videosupport.com]

#17 of 17 OFFLINE   TonyTone

TonyTone

Supporting Actor

• 728 posts

Posted December 26 2006 - 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James D
I just received my copy from Amazon. Alas, there was no booklet in my copy(so it's not just a batch that Wally World got).
If it's the little red "booklet" titled "Companion Guide"--my copy (shipped from Amazon 12/15/06 and received a few days later) did have the booklet, FWIW.

If it's not the booklet I just described...then I guess I'll be needing to make a call, too.

Forum Nav Content I Follow