Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Sid & Marty Krofft: what's next? when?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,368 posts

Posted August 06 2012 - 09:25 PM

There are many live-action shows from Kroft that have not been released. I am most interested in far out space nuts (i,e. Bob Denver) or Wonderbug or the lost saucer.

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick

Screenwriter

• 2,479 posts

Posted August 07 2012 - 02:24 AM

Apparently their re-issues of HR Puffnstuff and Sigmund must not have had good sales as there seems o be no more releases coming. Too bad I really wanted Sigmund Season 2, Lost Saucer, Far Out Space Nuts and Kroft Supershow. Maybe something will happen but it is starting to look unlikely.
...When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth

Top 20 Films

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   JoeDoakes

JoeDoakes

Screenwriter

• 2,015 posts

Posted August 07 2012 - 03:28 AM

I think that Far Out Space Nuts would do quite well. Bob Denver basically plays the Gilligan character to Chuck McCann's "Skipper." I always watched it on Saturday mornings.

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick

Screenwriter

• 2,479 posts

Posted August 07 2012 - 06:30 AM

I think that Far Out Space Nuts would do quite well. Bob Denver basically plays the Gilligan character to Chuck McCann's "Skipper." I always watched it on Saturday mornings.

They should have started with releases that had not been released yet and they probably would have got much bigger sales as you would think far out space nuts would sell fairly well.
...When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth

Top 20 Films

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   Corey3rd

Corey3rd

Screenwriter

• 1,721 posts

Posted August 07 2012 - 02:15 PM

They should have released all the shows at once as a mega-Krofft boxset. Then put them out individually.
come see the reviews at
http://thedvdlounge.com/

and the Seinfeld Tour Bus

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley

Producer

• 3,394 posts

Posted August 07 2012 - 04:10 PM

I don't know what happened to the Krofft shows. I thought they were going to put them all out a couple years ago. Instead we keep getting the same stuff over and over. You know what else--they should have tried putting Pufnstuf on blu. It's the only show they did that was filmed on 35mm; would look amazing on blu.

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   Mick Tees

Mick Tees

Second Unit

• 257 posts

Posted August 26 2012 - 06:54 AM

We're finally getting Grizzly Adams. I'm a child from the 70's. I'm not giving up on Far Out Space Nuts and some of the other nuggets... Keep the faith! :)

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   JamesSmith

JamesSmith

Supporting Actor

• 871 posts

Posted August 26 2012 - 06:08 PM

Apparently their re-issues of HR Puffnstuff and Sigmund must not have had good sales as there seems o be no more releases coming. Too bad I really wanted Sigmund Season 2, Lost Saucer, Far Out Space Nuts and Kroft Supershow. Maybe something will happen but it is starting to look unlikely.

Same here. I was really disappointed the other shows haven't come out on DVD. James

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users