Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Sid & Marty Krofft: what's next? when?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#1 of 82 Mick Tees

Mick Tees

Second Unit

• 257 posts

Posted December 13 2006 - 12:16 PM

It's been quiet lately with the Sid & Marty Krofft series. I haven't heard anything in a while.

Any news for releases? What's next? What's coming in 2007?

The last news piece I read was Dr. Shrinker was a possibility and or Season Two of Sigmund.

#2 of 82 Tony J Case

Tony J Case

Screenwriter

• 1,570 posts

Posted December 13 2006 - 05:44 PM

I seem to recall on the Sigmund box commentary, that the two mentioned that they'll see us on the Dr Shrinker commentary - so I'd say that odds are very good of getting that next.

As for when - well, I'd like to know that as much as the next guy. Really, between Rhino and BCI, I'm really getting my Saturday Morning show fix.

#3 of 82 Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 5,643 posts
  • LocationCould be anywhere

Posted December 13 2006 - 11:11 PM

I just hope none of the ones already out go oop before I can get them.
Silly Party Candidate:  Tarquin Fin- tim- lim- bim- whin- bim- lim- bus- stop- F'tang- F'tang- Olè- Biscuitbarrel

#4 of 82 Bill>Moore

Bill>Moore

Second Unit

• 366 posts

Posted December 16 2006 - 02:45 AM

I'd still love to watch Sigmund, but Dr. Shrinker would be great. I need to grab what's out there while I can.

#5 of 82 Tony J Case

Tony J Case

Screenwriter

• 1,570 posts

Posted May 10 2007 - 03:35 AM

So the recient release of more saturday morning goodness from BCI got me wondering - where the hell is the next Krofft release? Hello? Rhino? Did the Bugaloos not sell enough and the rest of their stuff fell off the radar as a result?

Anyone know what's going on?

#6 of 82 Mick Tees

Mick Tees

Second Unit

• 257 posts

Posted May 10 2007 - 03:51 AM

I haven't seen or heard anything in quite some time... it's a shame because Rhino puts out a nice package with all kinds of cool extras.

BCI is doing a GREAT job of releasing Filmation Live Action Shows from Saturday mornings in the 1970's. Have you been checking them out at all?

Here are some of my fav's: Ark II, Space Academy, Jason of Star Command, and The Ghost Busters. Perhaps not the same quality as Sid & Marty Krofft but still very enjoyable.

#7 of 82 Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 5,643 posts

Posted May 10 2007 - 05:52 AM

I've heard nothing but good things about the BCI stuff. Those are on my list as well. I can't hardly wait to pick up some of this stuff.
Silly Party Candidate:  Tarquin Fin- tim- lim- bim- whin- bim- lim- bus- stop- F'tang- F'tang- Olè- Biscuitbarrel

#8 of 82 Tony J Case

Tony J Case

Screenwriter

• 1,570 posts

Posted May 10 2007 - 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Tees
BCI is doing a GREAT job of releasing Filmation Live Action Shows from Saturday mornings in the 1970's. Have you been checking them out at all?

Oh, of course. I've been picking up the He-Man since the get go, and I've gotten a couple of the live action shows with the intent of picking up the remainder real soon (Damn you DDD! Hurry up and gimme my 20% off!). Yeah, no argument from me - BCI puts together some nice sets, easily on par with what Rhino does (did) with the Krofft shows.

My inner child is jumping with joy at all the saturday morning goodness.

#9 of 82 AndyMcKinney

AndyMcKinney

Screenwriter

• 1,887 posts
  • LocationKentucky, USA

Posted May 10 2007 - 08:54 AM

I'd like to see someone issue Dr. Shrinker in its original format, though: a complete season one set of The Krofft Supershow, with all of the segments (Shrinker, Wonderbug, Electra Woman), musical numbers, and host-wraparounds intact.

These were aired on the public access channel Cox3 in the past few years. Maybe a DVD release isn't out of the question (I think the Osmonds actually did the songs). I hate to see shows modified from their original format when it isn't necessary.

#10 of 82 Corey3rd

Corey3rd

Screenwriter

• 1,715 posts

Posted May 10 2007 - 10:34 AM

when I interviewed Chuck McCann (see it at quickstopentertainment), he hadn't heard any news of a Far Out Space Nuts boxset, but was eager to contribute to any extras that Rhino would want to create for the set.
come see the reviews at
http://thedvdlounge.com/

and the Seinfeld Tour Bus

#11 of 82 Dean C

Dean C

Second Unit

• 361 posts

Posted May 10 2007 - 03:53 PM

Does anyone own the Box set of the entire Land of the Lost dvd? I have it.

#12 of 82 Bryan Krantz

Bryan Krantz

Stunt Coordinator

• 87 posts

Posted May 10 2007 - 04:45 PM

I would be interested in a few Krofft shows

Bigfoot and Wildboy
Electrawoman and Dynagirl
Superbug
Sigmund and the Sea Monsters

#13 of 82 Esten

Esten

Supporting Actor

• 588 posts

Posted May 10 2007 - 04:50 PM

I'd snatch up season sets of D.C. Follies. Love what I've seen.

#14 of 82 Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 5,643 posts

Posted May 10 2007 - 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean C
Does anyone own the Box set of the entire Land of the Lost dvd? I have it.
I only have a single DVD of best of. But I think that box set is my most wanted right now of the Krofft Rhinos. Sigmund would be second. The Krofft Supershow would be a trip and a half. I wish they could get hold of some rare stuff like the commercials for the failed Atlanta Krofft Amusement Park. I remember being totally disappointed it closed before my family could go. I believe we went to Six Flags instead though, so no big whoop. Posted Image

Now, for BCI I much have Dungeons & Dragons! I haven't seen that since it originally aired.

#15 of 82 Mick Tees

Mick Tees

Second Unit

• 257 posts

Posted October 27 2007 - 02:27 AM

It's been relatively quiet on the Sid & Marty Krofft front. Has anyone heard anything lately?

#16 of 82 Corey3rd

Corey3rd

Screenwriter

• 1,715 posts

Posted October 27 2007 - 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Tees
It's been relatively quiet on the Sid & Marty Krofft front. Has anyone heard anything lately?

I was talking to a pal who said that the guy who championed the Krofft titles at Rhino has gone. The DVDs were more of a labor of love than a major cash cow so there's a chance that we won't see the remaining shows anytime soon.
come see the reviews at

#17 of 82 Jon Baker

Jon Baker

Stunt Coordinator

• 233 posts

Posted October 27 2007 - 03:59 AM

I wonder if the Kroft Superstar Hour with the Bay City Rollers will ever get a release.

#18 of 82 Corey3rd

Corey3rd

Screenwriter

• 1,715 posts

Posted October 27 2007 - 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Baker
I wonder if the Kroft Superstar Hour with the Bay City Rollers will ever get a release.

I ran into Ian Mitchell of the Bay City Rollers at a Hooters in Raleigh a few weekends ago. When I mentioned the show to him, he had zero desire to see it come out on DVD. I think the band members view the experience as the lowest point of their musical career.
come see the reviews at

#19 of 82 Tony J Case

Tony J Case

Screenwriter

• 1,570 posts

Posted October 27 2007 - 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey3rd
I was talking to a pal who said that the guy who championed the Krofft titles at Rhino has gone. The DVDs were more of a labor of love than a major cash cow so there's a chance that we won't see the remaining shows anytime soon.

Man, that bites - I've really been enjoying them to bits! Rhino did some really nice work with those sets. Well, at least we got the complete Land of the Lost out of it. Pity we'll not see season 2 of Sigmund tho.

#20 of 82 David Levine

David Levine

Supporting Actor

• 502 posts

Posted October 27 2007 - 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey3rd

Absolutely. Rhino did a great job with them, but they did pretty horrible numbers. It's really too bad - I'm a huge fan and was really pulling for them to do well.

Back to TV on DVD and Blu-ray

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Forum Nav Content I Follow