-

Photo
- - - - -

Will my US PS3 work with a TV in Hong Kong?

PlayStation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   Brian Price

Brian Price

Stunt Coordinator

• 99 posts

Posted December 12 2006 - 08:14 PM

My wife and I are moving to Hong Kong for a few years and I would like to bring my PS3 with me. We will be moving into a furnished apartment with a 42" Hitachi Plasma and I'm trying to figure out if my PS3 will work with this television. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Brian Price

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Ken Chui

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor

• 976 posts

Posted December 14 2006 - 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Price
My wife and I are moving to Hong Kong for a few years and I would like to bring my PS3 with me. We will be moving into a furnished apartment with a 42" Hitachi Plasma and I'm trying to figure out if my PS3 will work with this television. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Brian,

Posted Image on the move to Hong Kong. As for the PS3, it should work fine with your plasma set. The PS3 has a universal power adapter, and there's no region coding in PS3 games; Blu-ray movies may be a different story. Seeing as HK is a part of China, and China falls under the Region 3 classification (along with Russia and some other countries), you won't be able to view movie discs produced for this region, but I believe you should be fine with any Region 1 BR* or DVD movie disc (*includes N. America, Japan and parts of East Asia excluding China).