Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Dark Pixel on Norcent 32" LCD TV

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 ChuckSolo

ChuckSolo

Screenwriter

• 1,160 posts

Posted December 12 2006 - 10:24 AM

I have a Norcent 32" LCD TV in my bedroon and the picture quality, while excellent is marred by only one thing. I have what appears to be a "dark pixel" which is placed about an inch from the top of the screen and about 5 inches from the right corner. It is not really that noticeable until you watch an HD program and then it does stand out. When the background is a very light color or a very dark color, white or yellow or black, you cannot see it. However when viewing people's faces and medium dark backgrounds, like wood doors or paneling, the small dot of the dark pixel is very apparent. I know the pixel is not dead because it changes shades according to the back ground and is completely gone on a white or black background. Is there a way to make this pixel normal? Thanks for any replies.