What's new

Captain EO & Moonwalker ever on DVD?? (1 Viewer)

Krister_

Stunt Coordinator
Hi guys, :)
Has anyone any news if Captain EO & Moonwalker will be released on DVD soon or in the future?? :P

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
I would doubt it.

CAPTAIN EO once did get shown on MTV, not in 3-D. But, that is the only place I saw it outside of EPCOT.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
If they included a PC port of the Sega Genesis Moonwalker game, I'd buy the DVD for sure! :)
(Sony did include a Genesis-like video game on Monster House, but it was a new game created as a tribute, not an actual Genesis remake.)

Jonathon M

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jonathon
Moonwalker is available in Australia (and thus I assume the UK) - PAL, and I think 4:3 but let's face it, it was definitely looking towards video and tv screenings...

Fritz Nilsen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Fritz Nilsen
The scandinavian Moonwalker DVD is 4x3 and visibly cropped. The OAR on this film is at least 1.85:1, if not wider. Robo-Michael's hands are chopped off when he stretches them out in the last chapter, they were visible in the theatrical release. Maybe not all the segments are affected, but I've nothing to compare it with. It was televised letterboxed in germany in the early nineties, though.

CameronMcC

Second Unit
I am hoping Captain EO will show up on a disney treasures type disc when they cover Epcot, but I'm sure that the music rights can keep it tied up forever.

Who has distribution for Moonwalker? Warner?

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
I believe "Moonwalker" is out on DVD (4:3) and Blu-ray (1.78:1) at least in Europe, but "Captain EO" is still MIA.

Any news about EO? I mean since 3D has taken off again this probably would look pretty good in 3D Blu-ray. And you know, starring MJ (millions of fans), directed by Coppola, executive produced by Lucas... I'm sure this would sell.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Captain EO was still showing at Disneyland a year ago when I last went, and is still there today. I'm not sure they would want to sell it while it's still an active attraction, but I have no doubt it would sell. But it's only 17 minutes long. Perhaps they could do a 3-D Blu-ray compilation of the park's other 3-D movies, like the Sherman Brothers-scored Magic Journeys which it replaced, Honey I Shrunk the Audience which replaced it, and MuppetVision 3-D from Walt Disney World.

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
Thriller was only 13 minutes long, and that sold like hotcakes back in the day. They could always beef up a Captain Eo disc with the hour long making of documentary, hosted by Whoopi Goldberg, and the premiere party tv special, with a beardless George Lucas!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks