What's new

How Much Do You Know About the World? (1 Viewer)

KurtEP

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kurt
Nice, the only one I missed was about pop culture, not geography. I have to start watching more TV.

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor
Missed the question about CSI and the percentage of population growth due to immigration. Other than that, 18/20

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
18/20

Missed the one about the biggest export in dollars - I was thinking it might have been a trick question, so I answered China.

Missed the one about where the Alps were - I answered South America (thinking of the Andes, whoops!)

I had no idea on the population growth question but guessed and got it right.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
It's so they can compare pop culture knowledge to geography knowledge, like "More know where the TV show CSI is set than can find Iraq on a map."

KurtEP

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kurt
I wonder about some of the stats they use, like people not being able to find New York on a map. I know when I was taking those tests back in high school, I didn't put much, if any effort into them. I wonder if people are deliberately messing some of the stuff up. I could easily understand someone not knowing where Sri Lanka is, but New York?

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I knew that's why they were asking that question. I'm sure it's meant to be one of those "Eye Opening" things where we're all supposed to be shocked that people know more about TV pop culture than world events, but seriously, I don't even watch CSI and I knew it because the damn commercials are always playing. Hell, even in the grocery store they play them!

So I'm not too saddened by this news. I think what's even more sad is that people think it's bad that I know what city CSI started and don't know the world's population. Neither one of those facts means anything to me, so there's no reason for me to need to know either.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

Ditto.

What I want to know is, who the hell are the 29% who thought there were 1 to 2 billion people in the US?

TV555

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom Veryal
I missed Export and most spoken language.
I still think English is "spoken" more than Mandarin.

What % of Chinese people speak Cantonese?

I knew the CSI one b/c of an interview I saw. I have never seen a CSI episode.

Those Chinese got me again, time for my Colbert Chinese impression

TV555

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom Veryal

Well, I bet the US population outweighs all those skinny pricks in India and China, yeah America, F' yeah.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
12/20. Hum. I guess everybody here will proceed to put me on ignore. :frowning:

CSI. I said Chicago. Never seen any of those shows even once.

Immigration. I said 5%. It was 33%.

Muslim majority. I said India with the 48% that got that one wrong.

Langage. I said Arbic. I meant Mardarin chinese, I really did. :frowning:

Border. I said Syria/Lebanon.

largest exporter. I said China. :frowning:

Avian Flu. I said South America.

Amazon rain forest. I said Africa. :D

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
Missed pop growth, New Orleans wetlands, and CSI - I never watch it - I hate crime TV shows because they are ALL THE SAME! Why would I give a flying rip about where CSI was? May as well ask me what Joe Friday's sister's name is.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
17 of 20. Missed Mandarin, population growth and exporter of goods. Hmmmm, two of the three I missed were American centric. Must be my insularity kicking in. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks