Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Dukes of Hazzard Season 7 thoughts

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 MarkDukes

MarkDukes

Stunt Coordinator

• 112 posts

Posted December 09 2006 - 02:11 AM

Just picked up the final season of the DUKES and Warner has done another fine job with this series in its 7th season release.

Audio and picture look good all around, the extras are entertaining and the packaging top notch.

Wish that they had included the reunion movies and maybe some bloopers...but maybe they are still to come.

Anyone know why they went back to single sided discs for this release? It seems every season is different...one is double sided, the next is single sided, etc. etc.

#2 of 7 Pete Battista

Pete Battista

Screenwriter

• 1,959 posts
  • LocationPrincess Anne, Md. USA

Posted December 09 2006 - 02:33 AM

I am hoping to see this set waiting for me under the Christmas Tree. I am glad the set looks so good! Posted Image

Don't know why they keep switching back and forth with disc art and duel sided discs... but I personally prefer the disc art! Posted Image

#3 of 7 RogerH

RogerH

Supporting Actor

• 877 posts

Posted December 09 2006 - 06:31 AM

I'll be getting this for xmas Posted Image Glad to hear its up to the standards of the other seasons.

I'm glad they went back to single sided discs as well Posted Image

#4 of 7 MarkDukes

MarkDukes

Stunt Coordinator

• 112 posts

Posted December 09 2006 - 10:17 AM

Actually, the further I watch I have noticed the episode "Welcome, Waylon Jennings" appears to be slightly darker than the others. Anyone else notice?

#5 of 7 Jeff*H

Jeff*H

Supporting Actor

• 688 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted December 09 2006 - 11:55 AM

I haven't noticed any issues with the set so far; the Waylon Jennings episode looked fine. I was a little disappointed in the extras for this season, which weren't quite as good as previous seasons, although still better than nothing. Some of the plots either repeated themselves for the umpteenth time this season, or were just downright nuts (Robot P. Coltrane?!!) You could tell the writers had run out of gas, although there were a few quality shows in the bunch (the aforementioned Waylon Jennings one, the one where Daisy must marry Enos, and the 2 flashback episodes).

Glad to have the complete series (thanks Warner Bros!). Now if they will please put the reunion movies out...
Facebook members, be sure to visit my Hawaii Five-0 Celebration page:  http://www.facebook....113331868678710

#6 of 7 Pete Battista

Pete Battista

Screenwriter

• 1,959 posts
  • LocationPrincess Anne, Md. USA

Posted December 18 2006 - 10:32 AM

I got this set today from a friend for an early Christmas gift! I haven't checked out any of the discs yet... other then opening the package and seeing if there was any visible damage done (loose discs or what have you) during the shipping. Love the disc art and the set looks great... I just still hate the over-lapping discs! Oh well... nothing is perfect!

Now bring on the Reunion Movies! Posted Image

#7 of 7 John*Wells

John*Wells

Stunt Coordinator

• 170 posts

Posted December 18 2006 - 10:50 AM

I thought the set was in good order. I would also have enjoyed the movies being included. The Video is great with TW and JS Singing