What's new

King Kong (1976) and Running Scared (2006) HD-DVD (1 Viewer)

M

Member 323668

Today I received the German HD-DVD of King Kong (1976) and Running Scared (2006) from amazon.de.

The good news:

PERFECT picture quality on both releases with superb definition and natural grain structure without any artifacting. Highly recommended!

There are definitely NO forced subtitles. You can enjoy the outstanding DTS-Master audio in english language.

When played for the first time, the player asks the primary language and seems to remember this setting, even after unplugging. To switch to german menu/language, there is the option to change the main language in the DVD menu. I do not know whether the option to change the language setting becomes permanent after a certain number of changes...

It seems obvious that the player somehow can save the language setting internally and remembers it even after unplugging.

For US importers, the good news is, that you can enjoy the feature without any forced subtitles.

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B000KF0F6O

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B000KF0FSW

http://www.amazon.de/Fog-Nebel-Graue.../dp/B000KF0F6E

This seems to be a very good start for HD-DVD here in Germany.

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
I worked two days as an extra in the World Trade Center scenes of Kong. I'm not sure I could sit through the film again though....especially after 3 hours of that other, recent, Kong. I'm about Konged out.

I hope ya'all get better Kongs and mo' other stuff soon.

AaronSCH

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron Schneiderman
Johannes... terrific news. What style case are they using in Germany? Are the covers the same as pictured on Amazon? Are you aware of other releases scheduled in Germany? If so, can you list them in the import thread I started so that there is a single place to exchange information on these titles? Thanks a bunch. I will be ordering soon.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
Rick, not sure if you are aware of this or not, but you can order both of these domestically from xploitedcinema.com.
I paid $36 each with shipping- and they got here QUICK.

they carry the French versions, but they should otherwise be identical to the German discs.

Kong does indeed look fantastic. Fog has a few minor flaws, but is much better than the MGM dvd

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Rick,

You can't. But many people simply use the US (or UK) site for translation: the German site is almost a word-for-word translation.

If really necessary, use Babel fish and ask on this forum: several members do speak/understand German enough to be able to help you if necessary.

Cees

Real Name
Josh Crackle
Thanks guys! I think I'll just try xploitedcinema.com. I'm so thrilled to get these two flicks in HD! Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks