Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

- - - - -

Anyone have / seen the PS3 used on standard tv (non HD)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Kelly

• 25 posts

Posted December 04 2006 - 04:51 AM

I was able to get my son a Sony PS3 for christmas. Right now, it will be used on our 10 year old 37" Toshiba. I know that the graphics are incredible when used on the HD sets but I would really like to be able to wait a while longer before I buy one of those as I do not watch that much television. I would consider a HD set if I knew that I would be sick with the graphics on our standard set, but hope that I am not forced into this decision. Has anyone seen the PS3 on a non HD set? Is there any reason to think that the PS3 will totally suck with my current set?

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   timZa

Stunt Coordinator

• 95 posts

Posted December 04 2006 - 02:59 PM

Dunno about totaly suck, but your not getting what the ps3 offers on that set. the way i see it, why buy a ps3 to play on an analog tv. if you plan on upgrading the tv then ok, if not, makes no sense imo.

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Fredster

Stunt Coordinator

• 119 posts

Posted December 05 2006 - 10:43 AM

Kind of pointless to have a PS3 w/o HD.

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Bryan X

Bryan X

• 3,469 posts

Posted December 05 2006 - 11:54 AM

I agree that if you don't have an HDTV, buying a PS3 or an Xbox 360 is probably not the best idea. Neither machine has a huge selection of software at this point. Their draw really is the upgrade in graphics which you'll only fully take advantage of with an HDTV. In my never-to-be-so-humble opinion, if you're going to buy one of these machines, you need to hook it up to an HDTV and 5.1 Digital sound system. I can't imagine running my 360 any other way. Otherwise, just stick with a PS2 or Xbox and enjoy the huge selection of titles available to those respectable machines.

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   TV555

Stunt Coordinator

• 59 posts

Posted December 05 2006 - 02:44 PM

On my 32" Sony CRT using the composite cables it came w/ my PS3 looks like a PS2 or XBox. On my HD set it looks great. The PS3 might look ok w/ an s-video or better cable on a normal set, but these are HD gaming systems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users