-

Photo
- - - - -

SPHE Press Release: All In The Family: The Complete Sixth Season

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,568 posts

Posted December 03 2006 - 10:28 PM

Classic Emmy Award®-Winning 1970s Sitcom
From Legendary TV Producer Norman Lear

ALL IN THE FAMILY:
THE COMPLETE SIXTH SEASON

Three-Disc DVD Arrives February 13 Featuring All 24 Episodes
Starring Carroll O’Connor, Jean Stapleton, Rob Reiner and Sally Struthers,
Plus Guest Stars Billy Crystal, Doris Roberts and Robert Guillaume

Culver City, CA (December 4, 2006) – The first family of American television returns when All in the Family: The Complete Sixth Season debuts on DVD February 13 from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. Created by legendary producer Norman Lear (TV’s “The Jeffersons,” “Sanford and Son,” “Maude”), All in the Family shattered preconceived notions regarding TV by addressing controversial subjects in realistic ways and creating unforgettable characters that became an integral part of pop culture. The three-disc DVD set features all 24 episodes from the sixth season and will be available for $29.95 SLP.

In the sixth season, Mike and Gloria finally move into their own home and discover Gloria is pregnant. After the baby is born, Archie has the baby baptized without their permission. While driving a cab, Archie rescues a woman who turns out to be a transvestite, and Edith starts volunteering at an old age home. Guest stars this season include Billy Crystal (City Slickers), Doris Roberts (TV’s “Everybody Loves Raymond”), Robert Guillaume (TV’s “Benson”), Bernadette Peters (The Jerk, Pennies From Heaven) and Betty Garrett (On the Town, My Sister Eileen), who won a Golden Globe® for her role.

Starring Carroll O’Connor as Archie Bunker, television’s most famous bigot, All in the Family changed the face of television forever with its January 12, 1971, premiere. All in the Family centers on a working class family man whose conservative views of the world clash with nearly everyone he meets. The talented cast of supporting characters includes Archie’s long-suffering but loving wife Edith (Jean Stapleton); daughter Gloria (Sally Struthers), and liberal son-in-law Mike “Meathead” Stivic (Rob Reiner). The number one television series for five years, All in the Family blew the lid off every sitcom formula that preceded it and resulted in a number of successful spin-offs including Maude and The Jeffersons. During its eight-year run, the show received an amazing 48 Emmy Award® nominations and took home 20 trophies with multiple wins for all the lead characters and three wins for Outstanding Comedy Series.

All in the Family: The Complete Sixth Season episodes include:

The Very Moving Day
Alone at Last
Archie, the Donor
Archie, the Hero
Mike's Pains
Chain Letter
Mike Faces Life
Edith Breaks Out
Grandpa Blues
Gloria Suspects Mike
The Little Atheist
Archie's Civil Rights
Gloria Is Nervous
The Baby (Part 1)
The Baby (Part 2)
New Year's Wedding
Archie, the Babysitter
Archie Finds a Friend
Mike's Move
Archie's Weighty Problem
Love by Appointment
Joey's Baptism
Gloria and Mike's House Guests
Edith’s Night Out

DVD Special Features Include:

Digitally Mastered Audio & Video
Full Screen Presentations
Audio: English
Bonus Previews
Closed Captioned

BROADCAST YEAR: 1975 - 1976

All in the Family: The Complete Sixth Season has a run time of approximately 612 minutes and is not rated. Artwork is available at www.SPHEPUBLICITY.COM. Visit Sony Pictures Home Entertainment on the Web at www.SonyPictures.com.

DVD Catalog # 16236
UPC Code: 0-43396-16236-5
Order Date: 1/11/07
SLP: $29.95

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 4 Joe Karlosi

Joe Karlosi

Producer

• 5,998 posts

Posted February 05 2007 - 05:32 AM

I was lucky enough to find this ahead of time in one of my stores (which will remain nameless). I love it when that happens. Posted Image

I haven't taken a look at it yet, though.

#3 of 4 imadkhuri

imadkhuri

Extra

• 17 posts

Posted February 05 2007 - 06:09 AM

Which store was it? Maybe I'll be as lucky.

Imad

#4 of 4 Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge

Screenwriter

• 2,379 posts

Posted February 05 2007 - 06:09 AM

I'm definately picking this one up especially since I picked up the first five seasons at that "Buy 1 Get 1 Free" sale that Best Buy held last summer. I love Carroll O’Connor and he played that character perfectly.