Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Bewitched Season 5?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
166 replies to this topic

#161 of 167 OFFLINE   JohnMor

JohnMor

Producer

• 3,534 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted July 19 2007 - 12:09 PM

I've always found that if it happens in the same spot, it's a disc problem. If it happens a lot, but not in the same place, then I look at the player. I think you got a bad disc there, Brandy, and I'd exchange it.

#162 of 167 OFFLINE   David*P

David*P

Supporting Actor

• 982 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted September 02 2007 - 07:10 PM

Recently, thanks to Joe over at HarpiesBizarre, I've had the great pleasure of viewing a 5th season promo I had never seen before...and not to brag or anything, but I thought I had seen them all...

It's part of a collection of ABC promos and it begins at about the 2:09 mark.

http://bedazzled.blo....tember-ab.html

The Bewitched History Book by David L. Pierce ties in the events of the 60s with each episode 
and breaks down each episode in depth along with rare trivia, photos, and reviews!

Available now at BearManorMedia.com and Amazon.com in both paperback and hardback!

Book%2Bcover%2Bsmallest.JPG

#163 of 167 OFFLINE   Garysb

Garysb

Screenwriter

• 1,480 posts

Posted September 03 2007 - 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David*P
Recently, thanks to Joe over at HarpiesBizarre, I've had the great pleasure of viewing a 5th season promo I had never seen before...and not to brag or anything, but I thought I had seen them all...

It's part of a collection of ABC promos and it begins at about the 2:09 mark.

http://bedazzled.blo....tember-ab.html

Meet Us In September promo was promoting Fall 1969 programming.
Presumably this aired over the summer . I am also assuming the Bewitched promo aired at the same time. What is interesting is that the promo featured
Dick York more than anyone else. I had always heard that ABC ran the non Dick York shows in reruns over that summer since he was no longer going to be on the show. I wonder why they would run this promo in the summer of 1969.

#164 of 167 OFFLINE   David*P

David*P

Supporting Actor

• 982 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted September 05 2007 - 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garysb
Meet Us In September promo was promoting Fall 1969 programming.
Presumably this aired over the summer . I am also assuming the Bewitched promo aired at the same time. What is interesting is that the promo featured
Dick York more than anyone else. I had always heard that ABC ran the non Dick York shows in reruns over that summer since he was no longer going to be on the show. I wonder why they would run this promo in the summer of 1969.

That's what I'm wondering...it doesn't make sense that they would showcase DY when he wasn't going to be around anymore...maybe it was an all ready made promo and they just stuck it in there not having had time to make one with DS.

The Bewitched History Book by David L. Pierce ties in the events of the 60s with each episode 
and breaks down each episode in depth along with rare trivia, photos, and reviews!

Available now at BearManorMedia.com and Amazon.com in both paperback and hardback!

#165 of 167 OFFLINE   JohnMor

JohnMor

Producer

• 3,534 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted September 05 2007 - 02:15 PM

There were only 4 DS epsiodes filmed by that time, so that gave them limited footage to use. And since this was a network promo, not a studio (Screen Gems) promo, I'm sure they went with what was more available and cheaper to obtain. Also, maybe the Screen Gems didn't want to release any footage of DS prior to the season debut.

#166 of 167 OFFLINE   Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis

Producer

• 3,382 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted December 01 2009 - 06:31 AM

Well, I'm finally into the 2nd half of S5.  I watched "Samantha, the Bard" today.  /img/vbsmilies/htf/laugh.gif">  Classic.  This is the one where Sam has that "vocabulary virus" and is speakng in rhymes.

"There once was a mommy named Sam,
Whose speech got her into a jam,
'Tho she tried not to show it,
She talked like a poet,
And if you think I'm unhappy,
I am!"

Great episode, with one of my favorite recurring actors in the show, "Dr Bombay".<br /></span>

<br />

</div>

<div class=

ml1fyo.jpg  "Checkmate King Two, 'Out'" "Combat! A Selmur Production"

TV/DVD Collector, mainly 50's thru 90's with a few 2000+ shows.
My 2 all-time favorite TV shows:
"Combat!" & "The Fugitive"
My 2 all-time best blind-buys: "The Fugitive"   "The Donna Reed Show"

#167 of 167 OFFLINE   David*P

David*P

Supporting Actor

• 982 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted December 02 2009 - 03:25 PM

LOL You'll catch up yet, Jeff!

Speaking of Dr. Bombay, that episode marks the first time that Samantha uses, "Calling Dr. Bombay! Calling Dr. Bombay! Emergency! Come right away!"

Forum Nav Content I Follow