-

Jump to content



Photo
- - - - -

Bewitched Season 5?


This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
166 replies to this topic

#41 of 167 JohnMor

JohnMor

    Producer

  • 3,235 posts
  • Join Date: Mar 06 2004
  • Real Name:John Moreland
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted March 17 2007 - 05:02 PM

The release is scheduled for July 10th. No amount of calling is going to change that. Chill out already. What is the absolute panic about Season 5????

My contact at Sony just emailed me 16 alternate versions of the cover art that they're working on for it. Very interesting to see the different concepts that get considered.

#42 of 167 Firebee

Firebee

    Supporting Actor

  • 759 posts
  • Join Date: Aug 26 2006

Posted March 18 2007 - 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMor
The release is scheduled for July 10th. No amount of calling is going to change that. Chill out already. What is the absolute panic about Season 5????

My contact at Sony just emailed me 16 alternate versions of the cover art that they're working on for it. Very interesting to see the different concepts that get considered.

Oh, I can wait...I already have for the first four...just would love to get them sooner. Posted Image
Real name: Dan Hart, Big Time TV Fan.

I also have not enough time to watch all of these DVDS:

http://www.invelos.c....aspx/fire26bee

#43 of 167 Brandy681

Brandy681

    Stunt Coordinator

  • 148 posts
  • Join Date: Nov 15 2006

Posted March 21 2007 - 02:02 PM

No panic just curious... I wonder what color they will do Season 5 box set. They have green, red, purple, and blue as colors allready, they may do pink which would be an obvious color or maybe yellow. I can't wait to see the cover art for this set, keep us posted. Thanx, Brandy

#44 of 167 Firebee

Firebee

    Supporting Actor

  • 759 posts
  • Join Date: Aug 26 2006

Posted March 22 2007 - 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandy681
No panic just curious... I wonder what color they will do Season 5 box set. They have green, red, purple, and blue as colors allready, they may do pink which would be an obvious color or maybe yellow. I can't wait to see the cover art for this set, keep us posted. Thanx, Brandy

My vote is yellow, and hopefully a toned-down yellow at that. Kind of like one of the Magnum sets or the only season of ``Joey'' to be released thus far.

Posted Image
Real name: Dan Hart, Big Time TV Fan.

I also have not enough time to watch all of these DVDS:

http://www.invelos.c....aspx/fire26bee

#45 of 167 JohnMor

JohnMor

    Producer

  • 3,235 posts
  • Join Date: Mar 06 2004
  • Real Name:John Moreland
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted March 22 2007 - 04:29 AM

I wish I could post some of the pics, but I might get my contact in trouble. The vast majority of them are a bright orange/yellowish. One is orange/lime green which actually looks good (very '60s), except for the pics they chose for that one. Again, the main pics of Liz are NOT very flattering. Some of them use a 5th season promo still some of you might have seen with Liz holding a big mesh bag with Dick York sitting in it. It's a cute pic, but I don't think it makes a great cover.

#46 of 167 Michael Rogers

Michael Rogers

    Supporting Actor

  • 732 posts
  • Join Date: Dec 31 2005

Posted March 22 2007 - 06:46 AM

I've always said, as long as the remastered, uncut episodes are there they could put it in a plain brown box for all I care.

Not that I don't mind a good looking package design but that is the frosting on the cake I really want: the shows.

#47 of 167 Firebee

Firebee

    Supporting Actor

  • 759 posts
  • Join Date: Aug 26 2006

Posted March 22 2007 - 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMor
I wish I could post some of the pics, but I might get my contact in trouble. The vast majority of them are a bright orange/yellowish. One is orange/lime green which actually looks good (very '60s), except for the pics they chose for that one. Again, the main pics of Liz are NOT very flattering. Some of them use a 5th season promo still some of you might have seen with Liz holding a big mesh bag with Dick York sitting in it. It's a cute pic, but I don't think it makes a great cover.

We'll just have to wait until the official or unofficial cover art starts circulating, of course, after the set is either unofficially confirmed or officially announced! Posted Image
Real name: Dan Hart, Big Time TV Fan.

I also have not enough time to watch all of these DVDS:

http://www.invelos.c....aspx/fire26bee

#48 of 167 David*P

David*P

    Supporting Actor

  • 979 posts
  • Join Date: Jan 30 2004

Posted March 22 2007 - 12:41 PM

John, I suppose your contact doesn't have any input into the design of the boxes? Because they definitely need to know that the pictures they have been using are just not up to par.

I'm getting antsy for Season 5 as well but that's only cause I thought we would have it this month...but I suppose I can wait til July...cause I'll have to! LOL

#49 of 167 David*P

David*P

    Supporting Actor

  • 979 posts
  • Join Date: Jan 30 2004

Posted March 28 2007 - 12:42 PM

In my anxiousness for Season 5 to be announced (though I know that probably won't be until May) I thought I would post the list of episodes that have never been released on video before, which means possibly seeing "new" scenes!

143. Samantha on the Keyboard
146. Mirror, Mirror on the Wall
150. Samantha Loses Her Voice
151. I Don’t Want to be a Toad
153. Instant Courtesy
154. Samantha’s Super Maid
157. One Touch of Midas
158. Samantha, the Bard
159. Samantha, the Sculptress
160. Mrs. Stephens, Where Are You?
162. Going Ape
163. Tabitha’s Weekend
166. Samantha Twitches for UNICEF
167. Daddy Does His Thing
169. Samantha’s Shopping Spree
170. Samantha and Darrin in Mexico City

#50 of 167 Michael Rogers

Michael Rogers

    Supporting Actor

  • 732 posts
  • Join Date: Dec 31 2005

Posted March 28 2007 - 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David*P
In my anxiousness for Season 5 to be announced (though I know that probably won't be until May) I thought I would post the list of episodes that have never been released on video before, which means possibly seeing "new" scenes!

143. Samantha on the Keyboard
146. Mirror, Mirror on the Wall
150. Samantha Loses Her Voice
151. I Don’t Want to be a Toad
153. Instant Courtesy
154. Samantha’s Super Maid
157. One Touch of Midas
158. Samantha, the Bard
159. Samantha, the Sculptress
160. Mrs. Stephens, Where Are You?
162. Going Ape
163. Tabitha’s Weekend
166. Samantha Twitches for UNICEF
167. Daddy Does His Thing
169. Samantha’s Shopping Spree
170. Samantha and Darrin in Mexico City

I'm lucky enough to have a few of these uncut from a Canadian trade (Deja View)

#51 of 167 Ben King

Ben King

    Stunt Coordinator

  • 178 posts
  • Join Date: Mar 11 2005

Posted April 18 2007 - 12:43 AM

Season 5 has just been confirmed for a *UK* release on 12th August, so expect an announcement for the US very soon!

#52 of 167 Firebee

Firebee

    Supporting Actor

  • 759 posts
  • Join Date: Aug 26 2006

Posted April 23 2007 - 01:14 AM

And here's TV Shows on DVD's confirmation for S5, with cover art!

http://www.tvshowson...cfm?NewsID=7209

Yippee!!!


Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Real name: Dan Hart, Big Time TV Fan.

I also have not enough time to watch all of these DVDS:

http://www.invelos.c....aspx/fire26bee

#53 of 167 JohnMor

JohnMor

    Producer

  • 3,235 posts
  • Join Date: Mar 06 2004
  • Real Name:John Moreland
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted April 23 2007 - 03:31 AM

Not real fond of that cover. Oh well, at least this time all the pics are from the correct season. And it's the episodes that matter, anyway.

I just hope the eps look and sound as good as the other seasons. The last season of I Dream of Jeannie was pretty bad audio/video-wise.

#54 of 167 Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley

    Producer

  • 3,364 posts
  • Join Date: Oct 12 2005

Posted April 23 2007 - 04:49 AM

On the whole, Bewitched has been of better quality than the Jeannie releases. Even the colorization was better in Bewitched (by FAR). Some of the early colorized Bewitcheds were among the best colorizations I've ever seen. Jeannie's looked like someone took a magic marker over everything--look at the strange eyes on everybody. Bewitched's are almost realistic.

I don't like the cover for Season 5 much either; I do think Liz's expression is funny; it's very unusual for cover art and maybe it'll attract attention. I don't like the pic of Agnes Moorehead, though, at all. That's one of the least flattering pics I've ever seen of her. I also think Dick York deserves to be more prominent for a change, especially considering it was his last season.
 

 


#55 of 167 Firebee

Firebee

    Supporting Actor

  • 759 posts
  • Join Date: Aug 26 2006

Posted April 23 2007 - 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan Riley
On the whole, Bewitched has been of better quality than the Jeannie releases. Even the colorization was better in Bewitched (by FAR). Some of the early colorized Bewitcheds were among the best colorizations I've ever seen. Jeannie's looked like someone took a magic marker over everything--look at the strange eyes on everybody. Bewitched's are almost realistic.

I don't like the cover for Season 5 much either; I do think Liz's expression is funny; it's very unusual for cover art and maybe it'll attract attention. I don't like the pic of Agnes Moorehead, though, at all. That's one of the least flattering pics I've ever seen of her. I also think Dick York deserves to be more prominent for a change, especially considering it was his last season.

Remember, the TVShowsOnDVD article said the cover art isn't final and may be subject to change...but I'm just glad it's coming out... Posted Image
Real name: Dan Hart, Big Time TV Fan.

I also have not enough time to watch all of these DVDS:

http://www.invelos.c....aspx/fire26bee

#56 of 167 JohnMor

JohnMor

    Producer

  • 3,235 posts
  • Join Date: Mar 06 2004
  • Real Name:John Moreland
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted April 23 2007 - 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan Riley
On the whole, Bewitched has been of better quality than the Jeannie releases. Even the colorization was better in Bewitched (by FAR). Some of the early colorized Bewitcheds were among the best colorizations I've ever seen. Jeannie's looked like someone took a magic marker over everything--look at the strange eyes on everybody. Bewitched's are almost realistic.

I don't like the cover for Season 5 much either; I do think Liz's expression is funny; it's very unusual for cover art and maybe it'll attract attention. I don't like the pic of Agnes Moorehead, though, at all. That's one of the least flattering pics I've ever seen of her. I also think Dick York deserves to be more prominent for a change, especially considering it was his last season.

Thanks Ethan! I got both versions of BW, but only the b&w one of IDOJ. I've been toying with the idea of buying the colorized one, but you just saved me some hard earned $. Thanks!

And I couldn't agree more about DY deserving more prominent display. The cover art on this whole series has been pretty poor, especially compared to the Japanese dvds. But at least the audio-video has been the best I've seen from Sony on their TV releases. That's the most important thing.

#57 of 167 David*P

David*P

    Supporting Actor

  • 979 posts
  • Join Date: Jan 30 2004

Posted April 23 2007 - 11:38 AM

I'm all right with the cover art considering they got all the pics from the Fifth Season. I've never seen that picture of EM and like someone said on the Harpies board, it looks like she's shocked that it's all ready come to the last season with DY.

I'm just REALLY hoping that the two-parter "Serena Strikes Again" isn't messed up like the Ben Franklin episodes were!

#58 of 167 JohnMor

JohnMor

    Producer

  • 3,235 posts
  • Join Date: Mar 06 2004
  • Real Name:John Moreland
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted April 23 2007 - 12:57 PM

The pic of Liz is a blowup of her face from a publicity still of her and Dick York, which they used in full on this alternate version of the cover art, which I like a little better. I like the pic of DY and Erin better on this cover, plus the fact that DY is featured along with EM in the main photo. This still isn't my favorite of the alternates my Sony contact sent me, but of the ones using that pic of EM, I prefer this one.

Posted Image

#59 of 167 Barbara,G

Barbara,G

    Stunt Coordinator

  • 128 posts
  • Join Date: Jun 09 2005

Posted April 23 2007 - 02:01 PM

I agree, I like this one better too.
Politicians are like baby diapers.. They should be changed often and for the same reason....Harold Reed

#60 of 167 David*P

David*P

    Supporting Actor

  • 979 posts
  • Join Date: Jan 30 2004

Posted April 24 2007 - 10:56 AM

Thanks for posting that, John. I agree that the pic of Durwood and Tabitha is much better and I do like this pose but as the other covers have used just a close up of EM I guess that's what they wanted.

Would you be able to post the other alternates? Pretty please?


Back to TV on DVD and Blu-ray



Forum Nav Content I Follow