What's new

TIDELAND - Terry Gilliam's latest on DVD 2/27 (1 Viewer)

Elijah Sullivan

Supporting Actor
ThinkFilm is releasing Terry Gilliam's Tideland on DVD Febuary the 27th after a nearly non-existant theatrical campaign. I'll be glad to finally see it... the road to getting this film released has been a very long and sad one for ol' Terry.

Totally off topic, but I don't feel like starting a new thread for these: Big (with Tom Hanks) and That Thing You Do! are both getting 2-disc "director's cut" releases on 3/27 according to my distributor. There's more double-dips coming than you can shake a stick at...

Brian Little

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Elijah. I actually in a thread I started a week ago or so enquired about what was goig on with the "Big" special edition. That answers that. :D

jeff strickler

Stunt Coordinator
I wouldn't exactly get excited to see it.

It has to be Gilliam's worst film, and that's saying something.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member

Personally, I'm excited about seeing it. Everything I've heard about the disparate audience reaction makes it sound fascinating.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i have a screener of it.

i have mixed feelings on watching it.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Hey it's Gilliam. Can't be bad. Plus it has a Vincenzo Natali short!

Coressel

Supporting Actor
I can't wait to see this... well, I've been waiting, so I guess I can.

Good or bad, I can't imagine it's worse than Brothers Grimm.

And again, as stated above, it's Gilliam! He's definately one of my favorite directors, so Tideland will be worth absorbing.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
One of my Top 5 fav directors. Seems like most of his films take multiple viewings before I grow to love them. I can't wait to see Tideland. I was wondering what the hell happened to it.

EDIT: Just read the interview from the link above. Reminds me why I love Gilliam so much. I'll be blind buying this when it comes out next year. I really really need a Gilliam commentary in r1.

Coressel

Supporting Actor

I didn't hate it, I just thought it wasn't as good as it could have been. But then again, I hated Jabberwocky at first, and now appreciate it much more.

Gilliam is absolutely in my top 5 list, too. Maybe even top 3.

MarkHarrison

Supporting Actor
I've loved almost every Gilliam film I've seen. But I couldn't stand Time Bandits. I thought it was dreadful. Still, it's Gilliam, so that alone means I'll eventually have to give it a second chance.

I'm looking forward to Tideland.

MarkHarrison

Supporting Actor

Well, since I own it, I do plan to re-visit it at some point. Perhaps I'll get to it in a couple weeks when I have two weeks off for the holidays.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Don't be surprised if one day soon a half dozen "little people" arrive at your door ready to give you a forced screening of a certain movie! :crazy:

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
As with many, I was dissapointed with Brothers Grimm. I think for me, It was TGs first movie that included large amounts of CG affects. TG was one of the few that still used almost exclusivley physical effects, which I love and respect. When a director starts getting into CG, sometimes it makes their films seem, I dunno...Lazy? Gilliam has the right creative mind for Grimm, but I don't think it translated well.

Anyway, this isn't a Grimm thread, so I guess that said, Grimm was my only Gilliam Dissapointment ever, and so I'll welcome Tideland.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
so i watched the first 15 minutes of tideland.

:eek:

i had to take a break.
i'll try to finish it tonight.
dont now if i can watch the entire 1:45 left straight through.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks