What's new

Superman Ultimate Collector's Edition, etc. Exchange Number and info (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
As many are aware, there are 2 discs in the 14-disc set of the Superman Ultimate Collector's edition that are incomplete. Also affected are the "Superman III: Deluxe Edition" disc, and the "Superman: The Movie Four Disc Special Edition" disc 1, plus the same disc in "The Christopher Reeve Superman Collection"

Please call 1-800-553-6937 to arrange for getting replacments for the 2 problematic discs. Be prepared to give them the catalog number from the product you've purchased (mine was the number from the proof of purchase tab 81912 on the back of the Ultimate set), and they'll also take down your name/address/phone number.

Good luck!

gushin

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Gustavo Hinojosa
I called yesterday and was only asked for name and phone number. I know some did the same. Anybody gotten a return phone call yet? Since some are reporting that they are now being asked for their addresses and UPC number, should I just call back or wait 'til I get a phone call?

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I called the 800 number today and it was a bit difficult considering the guy I spoke with was.....well let's just say english was not his first language. I had to spell everything out slloowwwly so I HOPE he wrote everything down correctly. Even after he repeated some of my info I'm still a bit worried.

Unlike some other posts, I was asked for my name, address, phone number, the last 5 digits of the serial number (the one under the bar code), when I bought it, where I bought it, how many copies I bought and was told I'd be sent a pre-paid envelope in 7-10 days and that as soon as they got the disc (I'm only sending in the "Superman III" DVD as the sound issue on the first one doesn't bother me in the slightest) my replacement would be sent out but I was not given a time frame on that. I would hope within a month's time.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
I called yesterday and was asked only my name and number. No callback yet, 24 hours later.

Amazon is showing the set as being available on December 7. Would this be the corrected version? If so, I'll just exchange it from Amazon, since I bought it there.

Anthony_H

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Anthony
Add me to "name and number"... no callback. Called 11/28/2006. I think I'll try again in a few days if I dont hear anything.

Ron68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron
I was wondering if there is there any word on how long the 800 number will be active and how long the disc replacement will last? I just ordered my set today from Amazon and I might not get it until after Christmas, since I paid by M.O. and I chose the free shipping.

Andrew!A

Stunt Coordinator

Apparently yes it does. The CDN product is identical to the US product. In fact, the Ultimate package I got from amazon.ca has the sticker on the outside for the 5 free posters, although the flyer inside states that the offer is only good in the USA.

I called the toll free # and went through the "please wait for the next available operator" routine for about 15 minutes. Finally it was answered by a woman with a harried "how can I help you?". She sounded really overworked. I explained and was immediately put on hold again -- and after a few minutes I was switched to someone's voicemail: "This is Barbara XXX. I'm away from my desk at the moment. Please leave a message..." I figured this was a mistake, so I called back again.

Went through the "next available operator" scenario again. Finally got a live person who was very pleasant and polite. Took my name, phone number, address, and UPC code from the back of the box. Told me about the postage paid envelope that would be sent out in 7-10 days, etc. She assured me that the postage-paid envelope would be good in Canada.

We'll see...

Fabien Renelli

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Fabien Renelli
I live in France, I ordered my set from Amazon.ca, and mailed them immediatly about the two issues of the product. My order has been set yesterday, and I got my answer : they are unaware of any problem ! Didn't Bill Hunt told about negociations between Amazon and Warner for replacements for international customers ???

Jonny_L

Stunt Coordinator
I hope that number works for Canadian's and that it stays up a while...I'm pretty sure my Ultimate Set is coming under the Christmas Tree.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I imagine the number/exchange program will be around for a while. Weren't people reporting they were able to send in their BTTF DVDs even a couple years after the original release? I know it's not the same studio, but I'd be surprised if Warner didn't leave this open.

Andrew!A

Stunt Coordinator

See my previous post re: Canada.

As for the exchange phone number staying live: given the massive number of copies that Warner likely shipped, I'd be confident that the exchange program will be up and running for quite some time... probably as long as there are still defective copies at retail.

FYI - I was given a confirmation number of 939xx, which I assume means that nearly 94,000 people had already called before me.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I didn't get a confirmation number...though the guy took down my name, address, phone number, and asked for the set's item #... so we'll see what happens.

I'd be surprised if that count started at 1, though. I was under the impression (and correct me if I'm wrong), that they handle other customer requests and replacements at that call center besides Superman.

gushin

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Gustavo Hinojosa
It's been over 48 hours and no callback yet. I guess I'm going to have to call back. I wonder if anyone who called the first day and were only asked for name and number have received a return call. I'll wait 'til Monday and see what happens.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
No callback for me after three days, but I won't be calling back. Since I got my set from Amazon, I think they'll be getting the corrected sets in soon.

Note that Amazon has added Warner's statement to the item page today. I called them and spoke with a very helpful woman who placed a replacement order, and said that since they have no more sets in stock it is very likely that the set they have essentially preordered for me will be the newly corrected set, and won't leave their warehouses until at least December 7 or 8, since it's not in their inventory yet. So I'm quite hopeful that I won't need to go through the hassle of mailing discs. She also told me that she'll put a note on my account to the effect that if the replacement set I will recieve is still the defective one, they'll replace that one as well, but only when they're positive they have the corrected inventory, which they cannot confirm right now. This is why I love Amazon. Thier customer service is outstanding!

So whoever got the set from Amazon, give them a call.

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor
After waiting 2 days with no callback I called them Wednesday & gave my name, address, upc, place purchased to Jose. His first language is most definitely not English & I am not 100% confident that he got everything down just as I spoke it. I didn't get a confirmation number either. Luckily my brother who lives in the same apt. complex also bought the Ultimate box set & called in on Thursday. If he gets his prepaid mailer before me & I don't get it within a few days thereafter I guess I'll have to call again & hope for a better result.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
One additional piece of info for those calling. Their hours of operation are from 10AM - 10PM EST (7AM-7PM PST) on Monday-Friday.

Regards,

John Stell

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Stell
I did the call back too and had a good experience. I would recommend anyone who has not heard back to call again since the replacement program is obviously up and running now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks