-

Photo
- - - - -

How to get rid of a "broken" Xbox?

Xbox

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Scott_lb

Scott_lb

Supporting Actor

• 592 posts

Posted November 27 2006 - 12:34 PM

I was recently gathering up my Xbox and all its related accessories to trade in at EB Games. After deleting my music and save files from the hard drive, the system suddenly crashed and gave me the "your system requires serivce" screen (and the power ring flashed orange and red, too). My Xbox has operated flawlessly up until this point. I've tried turning it on again a bit later and got the same message screen.

I don't really just want to toss it in the trash because I imagine it would have some value to someone. So, how can I get rid of it? I'm not interested in charging anything for it, I just don't want to throw it away.

I also have:
1. The DVD playback kit
2. Two Microsoft S controllers (one black, one green)
3. The Monster Cable S-Video cable

Any takers?
"My name is El Nino which in spanish means.... The Nino!" - Chris Farley

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   DanHal

DanHal

Stunt Coordinator

• 89 posts

Posted November 27 2006 - 01:55 PM

If you are the handy type, you could buy a larger hard drive for it, a mod chip, and do all sorts of cool things with it. Though I havn't looked much into the whole Xbox modding scene, there is plenty of information out there on how to do it.

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Justin1

Justin1

Stunt Coordinator

• 115 posts

Posted November 28 2006 - 11:33 AM

A couple of years ago, my Xbox crashed similar to your scenario. There are multiple websites that offer hard drives for sale for the xbox. At that time, they only ran 40 bucks and the system was then as good as new. I would just replace the hard drive and then put it on Ebay. The hard drive replacement was not tough and only required a couple of smaller screwdrivers.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Bob Bartlett

Bob Bartlett

Stunt Coordinator

• 208 posts

Posted November 28 2006 - 10:56 PM

Scott, I'm interested sent you a pm.