What's new

Is a up conversion DVD player worth the extra $$$ (1 Viewer)

Curt Luther

Stunt Coordinator
I have the Sanyo PLV Z2 projector and it has a DVI-I input, which I believe will output HD as well as analog. Would I be able to use a DVD player with up conversion on my projector? And if so, would I really see a big difference in video quality? I am currently using a Panasonic DVD player with component cables.

I am going to be buying a DVD recorder to transfer old movies to DVD and I thought I may as well buy one with up conversion if it will make a difference. I will also buy a HDMI to DVI-I cable from Blue Jean cables.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Curt

David Tolsky

Supporting Actor
It makes a huge difference! I've been using the Bravo D-1 DVD player with upconvergence for years now as I upconvert to 720p. Using DVI cable the picture is beautiful out of my Marantz DLP VP12-S2 projector. You can get these upconverting DVD players very cheap now, under $100 at Costco. I think most of them now have HDMI outputs so you'll need a conversion cable, but so what. I think you'll love the results.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks