Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Projector and up conversion DVD..will I really notice a differece?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Curt Luther

Curt Luther

Stunt Coordinator

• 89 posts

Posted November 26 2006 - 12:39 PM

I have the Sanyo PLV Z2 projector and it has a DVI-I input. Would I be able to use a DVD player with up conversion on my projector? And if so, would I really see a big difference in video quality? I am currently using a Panasonic DVD player with component cables.

I am going to be buying a DVD recorder to transfer old movies to DVD and I thought I may as well buy one with up conversion if it will make a difference.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Curt

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Rob Mac

Rob Mac

Stunt Coordinator

• 126 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada.

Posted January 29 2007 - 06:28 AM

I have a Z3 projector and OPPO 981 with HDMI. I get a slightly sharper cleaner picture. Not a huge difference. I have been told by OPPO and Sanyo that using DVI adaptor can make the picture worse in some cases. If possible, buy from a store that will allow you to return the player if you are not happy with the result.
Rob Mac

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   ChrisClearman

ChrisClearman

Second Unit

• 298 posts

Posted January 29 2007 - 06:38 AM

unless you spend a bunch of money on some of the top end players (and even then it's debateble) you will NOT notice a drastic difference in image clarity/sharpness/resolution vs a standard or progressive DVD player (assuming you are using Component/HDMI/DVI cables).