What's new

Projector and up conversion DVD..will I really notice a differece? (1 Viewer)

Curt Luther

Stunt Coordinator
I have the Sanyo PLV Z2 projector and it has a DVI-I input. Would I be able to use a DVD player with up conversion on my projector? And if so, would I really see a big difference in video quality? I am currently using a Panasonic DVD player with component cables.

I am going to be buying a DVD recorder to transfer old movies to DVD and I thought I may as well buy one with up conversion if it will make a difference.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Curt

Rob Mac

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rob
I have a Z3 projector and OPPO 981 with HDMI. I get a slightly sharper cleaner picture. Not a huge difference. I have been told by OPPO and Sanyo that using DVI adaptor can make the picture worse in some cases. If possible, buy from a store that will allow you to return the player if you are not happy with the result.

ChrisClearman

Second Unit
unless you spend a bunch of money on some of the top end players (and even then it's debateble) you will NOT notice a drastic difference in image clarity/sharpness/resolution vs a standard or progressive DVD player (assuming you are using Component/HDMI/DVI cables).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks