What's new

My Home Theater (1 Viewer)

RayJr

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ray
Here is a link with pictures of my theater.
www.socalht.com/ray
It is always a work in progress.
Just added..Toshiba HD-A1 (HD DVD Player) and preordered JVC RS1 Projector (1920X1080)

Any comments..good or bad..I would like to hear.

Thanks
RayJr

Chen-Shi

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris
Ray,

WOW! Well Done. I love the entrance paint color. I'm building a 13'Wx21'L HT room, and your thoughtful details really help me to change few things in my drawing. I've been looking your awesome pics and can't find anything needs change. Was installation done by you? I'm thinking to hire Best Buy Magnolia or Specialty installer people to do mine? Who should I choose? Thanks for helping.

Chris
Irvine, CA.

Real Name
Ryan Papineau
Very nice indeed! I really like the blue you use. To be honest it might be because at least from most of the pictures it looks quite similar to the blue with a mix of grey thrown in that I have in my upstairs.

Although it's already been asked, I'm curious as well if you did the work yourself or if you had it done for you? I looked through the other pictures and didn't see any from the actual framing stage. Any of those available by chance?

RayJr

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ray
Well...the million dollar question...."Did I do it my self?"
The answer is "YES"....well....most of it.
The basic room I had built.....But I designed it.
Room was drywalled by contractor....but my wife and I finished it...paint and moldings.
Custom carpet done by my father inlaw...complete room and risers.
All electrical was done by electrician....but I layed it out.
All the low voltage stuff..IE..cables for projector, inwall speaker wires, network cable, and all sat and cable feeds ...done by ME.
Design and integration.....done by ME
Equipment install and calibration....done by ME.

Hope this helps.
RayJr

RayJr

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ray
Chen-Shi...Chris
I don't know how handy you are...but it is all very easy to do.
I would not pay anyone to do this for me...cause I really enjoy the hobby..and this was the most fun thing I could think of doing.
I was completely hands on in the whole project....I can tell you were every wire is layed...cable routed.....and exactly how every piece of equipment integrates in the room.
This may be over whelming for some but I am ANAL like that...and I have little to no problems trouble shooting any thing in this room because of it.
If I had not been so hands on in my room...I don't think I would have as much pride in it as I do.
I am NOT a professional installer...and feel that if I can pull this off...almost anyone with a little guidance can do the same or better.
That being said....if you have questions or need info..Chris...I would be more then happy to lend a hand...just PM me ..and I will get you my phone number.

PS...Palmdale is just a little north of Irvine...but still in SoCal..

Later
RayJr

David Noll

Stunt Coordinator
RayJr,

Very well done! And like I say often in this forum, "Make sure you find the time to enjoy it!"

A question: Is the "Welcome to the Coronado Home Theater" logo on the screen from a custom-made intro DVD or perhaps something I could create and burn onto a DVD myself?

David

RayJr

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ray
More upgrades..:)
Just bought a Lexicon MC12 Pre/Pro...(anyone in the market for a mint Lexicon MC1)
Will post new pictures when I get it.

Later
RayJr

ScottBA

Agent
I was going to go w/ Navy Blue and Black, but opted for red/black.

How come u kept a white ceiling? Don't u get glare from the projector?

The room looks amazing. Great job!

dan-0

Stunt Coordinator
I just like the Hellraiser poster. Your suffering will be legendary, even for hell.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Ray:

I love the HT. The only thing that I personally would have done is to put columns on the side walls. That way you can split the side walls up and hang your poster in the space provided between each column.

Great space and HT. If I only had the room....................

Parker

RayJr

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ray
This has got to be one of the only comments of a change that I have ever gotten.....Thanks for the Idea. :)
The poster hanging areas right now are the windows....thats what I did to cover them....
Thanks again for the Idea.

Ray

joseph westcott

Second Unit
Saw your HT on another site, but I will say it again, your attention to speaker placement is apparent and well done. I also like the ceiling and two tone paint.

Good job!

RayJr

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ray
Thanks for all the replies

Well Travis... I guess you saw my other pictures from AVS....so I guess I will post them here as well.

This is the new signs on the entrance to my Theater...hope you guys like them.

Later
RayJr

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks