Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Invader Zim, Am I the only one that loves this Nick Toon.

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 of 13 OFFLINE   David Stucky

David Stucky

Auditioning

• 10 posts

Posted October 31 2001 - 03:42 PM

I just recently got hooked on Invader Zim. It does not apear a highly watched cartoon on Nick, but I feel it is the funniest cartoon I have seen in years. Looks too me the themes of this cartoon are more teenage/young adult oriented than for young kids. I love this toon and am thinking that i might actually buy it if it was avaible in full season box sets. I think there are only like 12 episodes or so. I love his side kick robot "Gir" Thanks...
Thanks...
Dave

#2 of 13 OFFLINE   Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley

Lead Actor

• 8,248 posts

Posted October 31 2001 - 04:30 PM

I have watched a few minutes and it didn't grab my attention, but some classmates of mine (I'm in High School, my friends are Seniors, I'm a Sophomore) are more than hooked on it.

#3 of 13 OFFLINE   BrianW

BrianW

Screenwriter

• 2,554 posts

Posted November 03 2001 - 07:36 AM

Heh, I posted this same topic here and got no response.

I think Invader Zim is brilliant. POVs are combined in fascinating ways. For instance, in "Parent Teacher Conference," the lab explosion was seen and heard in the monitor as well as in the distant background through the windows, all while the horror on the faces of the people watching the monitor was front and center.

And "Nano-Zim" was particularly effective when views on the nanobot's console were combined with the exterior views, particularly when the nanobot was being swallowed.

And the technology that Zim uses, while still cartoonish, is unsettlingly creepy and unEarthly in its design.

The soundtrack is always haunting and never lets up.

Very cool stuff. I wish I had an imagination like that.

---------------

I EAT FOOD.

[Edited last by BrianW on November 03, 2001 at 11:36 AM]
-Brian
Come, Rubidia. Let's blow this epoch.

#4 of 13 OFFLINE   Nate Anderson

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter

• 1,153 posts

Posted November 25 2001 - 01:13 PM

I think Invader Zim is one of the funniest shows on television. Just the sheer lunacy of the show never seems to bore me. Absolutely hysterical. I have the majority of the episodes on tape. Wish they were on DVD though... I wish Nickelodeion would release them...it is as Pustulio wishes... Oh yeah, and I want a GIR unit of my own.
My Extensive DVD collection.

Shameless Webpage Plug: My Movie Reviews.

#5 of 13 OFFLINE   Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate

Screenwriter

• 2,935 posts

Posted November 26 2001 - 10:52 AM

Count me in on Invader Zim. i love the artwork and through satellite and using Logic 7 with stereo surrounds the pans on this baby is really great.
Listen Up People.., Rack Em and Pack Em.., We're Phantoms in 15.

#6 of 13 OFFLINE   David Paymer

David Paymer

Stunt Coordinator

• 55 posts

Posted November 26 2001 - 01:12 PM

'nother Invader Zim fan here. Felt like I was the only one who enjoyed this somewhat subversive and wickedly funny gem. I'd also buy the set if it ever hit DVD.Posted Image
"If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions."

--Pulp Fiction

#7 of 13 OFFLINE   Cal S

Cal S

Stunt Coordinator

• 192 posts

Posted March 11 2002 - 06:30 AM

If you like zim, try thecomic book Johnny The Homicidal Maniac by the same creator.

#8 of 13 OFFLINE   Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets

Screenwriter

• 2,371 posts

Posted March 11 2002 - 10:47 AM

Yup. Jhonen Vasquez does some hilarious stuff. I'm amazed that Nickelodeon let him get away with as much as he did on Zim. Easily my favorite cartoon of the past few years. I wish the Cartoon Network would pick it up since Nickelodeon is apparently going to cancel it.

#9 of 13 OFFLINE   Nate Anderson

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter

• 1,153 posts

Posted March 11 2002 - 11:28 AM

Actually, apparently Zim has gone back into production at Nickelodeion when, looking at the profits made from Zim merchandise at Hot Topic. So, we will get more Zim soon.
My Extensive DVD collection.

Shameless Webpage Plug: My Movie Reviews.

#10 of 13 OFFLINE   Jeremy Allin

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor

• 897 posts

Posted April 06 2003 - 06:14 PM

Heh, over a year since the last post to this thread. RIIIISE! I got hooked on Invader Zim and have now viewed all 38 episodes (including Walk for Your Lives and Backseat Drivers from Beyond the Stars). What a brilliant little show...too bad it's been snuffed out. Any word on when the remaining few episodes will be aired on Nick? "Shut your noise-tube, Taco Human!" - Zim (Invasion of the Idiot Dog Brain)

#11 of 13 OFFLINE   DaveBB

DaveBB

Supporting Actor

• 792 posts

Posted April 07 2003 - 06:41 AM

[quote]

Actually, apparently Zim has gone back into production at Nickelodeion when, looking at the profits made from Zim merchandise at Hot Topic. So, we will get more Zim soon.

[quote]

Cool!!!

#12 of 13 OFFLINE   Hunter P

Hunter P

Screenwriter

• 1,483 posts

Posted April 07 2003 - 08:36 AM

ZIM SUCKS. OK, so my sig gives me away. I'm a huge fan. Luckily our local digital cable system offers the Nicktoons channel which shows Zim like everyday.
GIR, UNLEASH THE MONKEY!
MONKEY!
"I am the Doctor of Death, and I have come to cure you of your life." --Endless Mike, The Adventures of Pete and Pete

#13 of 13 OFFLINE   Moe Maishlish

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor

• 992 posts

Posted April 07 2003 - 12:20 PM

I love this show! In fact, I didn't even know about it until a few months ago when I downloaded an episode (by mistake), and viewed it out of interest. Hooked instantly! Moe.
- Confidence implies the knowledge of one's limitations, while arrogance implies that one does not have any.

- There's no such thing as "normal". The secret is to find someone that's screwed up in a way that seems "normal" to you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users