Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Language/Subtitle Quirks on Player...

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   Nick Chavez Beverly Hills

Nick Chavez Beverly Hills

Stunt Coordinator

• 78 posts

Posted November 24 2006 - 11:31 AM

Somtimes when I watch a DVD on my Panny deck, and I choose SUBTITLES OFF from the disc's menu (which I always do), the display still reads "SUBTITLE ON ---" or something to that effect when I press the menu display key while watching the film....yet, there are no subtitles being displayed....this happens on my Terminator 2 Extreme Edition disc, where I select SUBTITLES OFF and yet it reads "ON" with some odd dashes after it when I display the menu status on the screen and yet there are no subtitles coming up.....is this normal on some DVDs and why does it happen? Also, on some discs, such as U-571, while there are multiple language selections available, the status menu of the player will also read as if no other languages are on the disc, nor will it recognize that the ENGLISH DTS track is playing, for example; well, it WILL display "DTS 3/2.1 ch" on the screen, but it will not say ENGLISH.....instead, it puts dashes where the languages should be, and yet this is a normal Region 1 DVD....what gives? Has anyone else experienced this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users