What's new

5.1 analog output on Blu-ray players (1 Viewer)

Matthew Anderson

Second Unit
Real Name
Matthew Anderson
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am interested in getting a Blu-ray or HD DVD player but I have a question on how to use my existing dvd universal player. I have Pioneer DV-45A and I still want to use my david Audio and SACD which is being output via 5.1 analog outputs going to my preamp. My preamp does not have HDMI inputs. What do I do to take advantage of the new audio formats on Blu-ray players such as Dolby True HD when my 5.1 inputs on the preamp are already being used by my existing dvd player?

Do they make a 5.1 analog switcher or something like that? I hope my question makes some sense. Thanks for any input.

Matt

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I've heard good things about this switcher and have been thinking of ordering one myself so I can keep both, my BR and HD players hooked up via the 5.1 analog.

Crawdaddy

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
So even though all the ports are labeled for component and such, you just plug your 6 analog cables into them? Sorry if that's a dumb question.

Marc_Sulinski

Supporting Actor
I think I'm going to need this thing, too. It seems a bit steep in price considering that all I really need is analog audio switching.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks