What's new

Double Dip rumours on "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" are NOT TRUE! (1 Viewer)

Beast

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Cameron
Thanks for the heads up. I'll wait for the 3-Disc Edition in May. Thanks Disney, you managed to help save me some money in December by giving me a reason not to pick up the 12/5 release. :)

Arild

Supporting Actor
But will it be worth waiting for? As I recall, the additional (third) disc that was eventually released for the first film wasn't anything to write home about...

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
When I read this, my immediate reaction was that I was just going to wait but I'm sorta conflicted now. Like Arlid said, there wasn't anything on the three discer of the original that made me want to pick that up. And this three disc set will probably be $5 or $10 more than the $20 that the two disc set seems to be going for. Although May will presumably be a much less expensive month than December is going to be for me and the three disc set may have a free ticket.

I like how I've elevated buying a DVD to some type of life or death decision where I measure the pros and cons. :)

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Yes, it is cool. But...
1. Why does it just say "POTC", and not include the "DMC" sub-title?
2. Wouldn't it make more sense as a cover for the first film? (I can't remember any skeletons in the second film.)

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member
I think I'll stick with the 2 disc this Christmas. This extra disc just looks like filler cause they want to double their money when "World's End" is released.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Would be a nice surprise if that flyer came with copies of the upcoming POTC dvds. :)

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
To me it's about having the most extras. I'm content to wait, especially with everything I've bought in November and will in December.

Jim Harvey

Second Unit
It looks to be just temp art for the set. I'm sure we'll see something more in-theme with the movie when the official artwork is announced.

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor
Magnus, thank you so much for the heads up. I plan to take some heat off my December mad dashes (bank account/Christmas shopping) with this announcement. Thanks for saving me from another cursed double dip.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I was so pissed the way they handled disc 3 for the original PotC that I took the time to call the friendly customer service folks at Disney and give 'em an earful.

I guess they--shock of all shocks--didn't listen to me (maybe they know my kids--who also don't listen to me) and are pulling the same bonehead move again.

Well. I've been getting along just fine without disc #3 of PotC: Curse of Black Pearl so far...so, I believe I will do without Disc #3 of PotC: DMC this time around! :thumbsdown:

seanOhara

Supporting Actor
Not buying either incarnation. I figure within eighteen months there'll be a tricked out Ultimate Pirates boxed set containing all three movies and even more special features.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
That cover art does look cool but I have a feeling it gets booted.

Tempting but I'll still wait for the Blu-ray release...

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I agree. EVERYTHING listed on the advert linked in the OP is on disc 2 released next week:

Disc 2 (12/5/06):
Bonus Features:
Full Frame - 1.33
Audio:
Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English
Featurette 1. CAPTAIN JACK: FROM HEAD TO TOE - Secrets And Legends Revealed By Johnny Depp And Others
2. DEAD MEN TELL NEW TALES: Re-Imagineering The Attraction
3. PIRATES ON THE MAIN STREET: The World Premiere
4. MEET DAVY JONES: Discover The Creation, Mystery And Mythology Of The Sea's Ghostly Ruler
5. MASTERING THE BLADE: Sword Fighting With The Film's Stars
6. "ACCORDING TO PLAN": Journal Of Filming The Movie
7. CHARTING THE RETURN - A Preproduction Diary
8. FLY ON THE SET Featurette: The Bone Cage
9. CREATING THE KRAKEN
Text/Photo Galleries:
Stills/Photos - Jerry Bruckheimer: A Producer's Photo Diary

Disc 3 will most likely just be marketing fluff for POTC 3 and the rest of Disney's Summer 2007 lineup.

Fabien Renelli

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Fabien Renelli
I think I'll wait for my part too. I already have the first one but an über-set is quite obvious in the future. Gore Verbinski even talked of tons of deleted scenes not included in PIRATES 2, which could be used as extras or for an extended cut...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks