What's new

So who's going to try for the $100 XBox360 at Amazon? (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This "promotion" came and went so fast that no one really knows if there were really 1000 people that got in on it. There was a report of one person getting the deal from Fishing for Deals.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
I tried at 10:56, but it took 22 minutes for Amazon.com to load (which shows how busy they were), and the $100 XBox's were sold-out by the time I got through.

The English language doesn't have words vulgar enough for my opinion of the internet this morning.

Roger_S

Stunt Coordinator
I also tried and failed...and the sale was over by the time I got in (at least they were sold out). And I got in only 15 minutes after it started. You'd think, after all the money they've gotten from me over the years that they'd save one for me but nooooo!!!

Jason Adams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Jason Adams

Tell me about it. I had my laptop set up on the Amazon vote thingy at precisely 2 o'clock. 2:14, the page FINALLY loads, sold out. I could have thrown something out of the window.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It took, reportedly, 29 seconds for all of the units to be claimed, and then the servers took a pounding by everyone else.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
I tried too, with the same results as everyone else. So funny, when a deal like this comes along, you're sitting there thinking, "Ha, ha...no one else knows about this!" Kinda like when I see a good deal on eBay. ;)

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor
That would explain why, when the page reloaded for me at 2:01 EST, all of the consoles were gone. :frowning: That's OK, it was only a Core system. ;)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Hmm...maybe I should retitle the thread "Who KNOWS someone who got the $100 XBox360 at Amazon?"

It didn't take as long for my page to load, but I used two different browsers and the first browser came up with just the voting box for next week. The second browser actually loaded sooner with the "sold out at this price."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks