What's new

NHL: Philadelphia Flyers: 10 greatest Games 10-disc set: 12/05 (1 Viewer)

PaulP

Senior HTF Member

Only $49.95 MSRP. Not a fan of the team at all (Rangers fan, myself) but am thinking of picking it up, as I'm foremost a fan of hockey and the NHL.

Mark Lx

Second Unit
I sure hope it's 90% 70s. Long hair, beards, fights, Clarke hiding behind two goons to protect his last tooth.

Blu

Screenwriter
This is becoming a good trend!!!!

I love to see full games on DVD. I believe this is a great untapped market that just has a ton of potential.

I would love to see some of the best NFL games though. It is nice to see the Steelers set out. I really don't like the NFL Films versions. I want to see full broadcast games.

Mark Lx

Second Unit
Absolutely, I would buy games of my favourite teams on DVD. I know Philadelphia is a big market, but the games already exist, just sitting there. I guess it's a co-rights thing though, with the networks and the teams and the leagues and the players.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Here are the games, according to a post on another forum:

My only caveat with this set and others (New York Rangers, Detroit Red Wings) is the disclaimer "Available in their original broadcast format", which is incorrect. These are all missing any pre- mid- and post-game activities, which is rather sad. It's surely available to the NHL and Warner, and would be of tremendous historical value - yet it's always omitted, and it's noticable.

DeanR

Second Unit
Real Name
Dean
As a Bruins fan I am still bitter over that 1-0 loss in 1974. This is a great set for Flyer fans though.

RoyM

Stunt Coordinator

I agree! One of my latest obsessions has been collecting full original broadcasts of vintage sports on DVD: the A&E World Series sets, and several college bowl games and NCAA Championship games that are available from another label. I'm hopeful that both labels continue with more releases of 1970's/1980's material.

In addition to the three NHL sets, Warner is also releasing sets of the full NBA Finals for the 1989 Detroit Pistons, 1994 Houston Rockets, and !991 Chicago Bulls. All of these are definitely a step in the right direction, although my real hope (as aformentioned) is that Warner will go back a bit further and give us more stuff from the 70's/80's. There are a dozen or more Stanley Cup and NBA finals I would absolutely love to have from that era.

And I don't understand why the heck the NFL doesn't get in on this and release original broadcasts of the classic Super Bowl games on DVD. Those would undoubtedly be a huge seller.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
I would love each Stanley Cup Final to be released on DVD in complete form, not the best-of DVD they've been releasing (though they've started to put the Cup-winning game on there now).

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
those are great choices for games.

i could do withought the 2 from 2004.
i was not happy with them losing to tampa in that series

only 33.xx at deep discount now on preorder

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
Man, and I thought I was the only one who would want complete NFL games on dvd. I'm guessing one of the reasons for them not doing it is because they don't think there's a market for it. I tape all my Eagles games, in case one turns out to be a classic game. I have also been collecting the college bowl games as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks