What's new

'BUFFY' & 'ANGEL' S5/S2 DVD Challenge (1 Viewer)

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor
Well, it's the week to start watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Season 5. And we will also be starting Angel - Season 2.

This week I was going to have us watch Disc 1 of Season 5 of Buffy but due to a glitch with Netflix (they sent me the wrong Angel disc) I am behind and since this week is Thanksgiving for anyone who lives in the USA and some of us will be away and be busy (like me) I'm only going to have us watch the first two episodes this week and the other two next week. If I don't do it this way then I will never get caught up since I'm working two jobs and I still have my prime time shows to watch.

So, without further ado, this week we will be watching:

B5x01: Buffy v Dracula
B5x02: The Real Me

And for those who like to watch ahead:

WEEK OF 11/27/06
B5x03: The Replacement
B5x04: Out of My Mind

Happy Watching!

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
Buffy Vs Dracula:star::star:
I found this episode really frustrating - it could have been a great episode but the guy who plays Dracula is crap and it doesn't work. Xander was great in this episode though and makes it worth watching.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
A few, very minor. The biggest concerning the Buffy episode "Fool For Love" and the ANGEL episode "Darla". It is a historical flashback crossover.

Angel will appear in a Buffy episode ("Forever"), and DO NOT WATCH the ANGEL season finale's last scene, unless you have already seen the Buffy season finale.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Most of my comments about season 5 of Buffy are about how much I completely hated Dawn. I hated how she was just thrown at us. I hated having to listen to her whine for the rest of the series. I hated everything about her.

I admit that the first time I watched "Real Me" I was confused. I thought I had missed something. Then my confusion turned to anger when she opened up her mouth.

The Dracula episode was sort of weird. I think that the guy playing him was very un-attractive yet the characters all thought he was "hot". I also don't get how/why Buffy suddenly broke his spell at the end and was able to fight him.

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor
Over the weekend I watched both Buffy v. Dracula and The Real Me and I have to say that I loved both of these episodes. Season 5 was my favorite season of Buffy and I'm not afraid to say it was because of the Dawn/Glory story line. I loved it. I thought the whole Dawn thing was absolutely brilliant. I know that I'm in the minority about this but it's just the way I feel.

This week we are watching:

B5x03: The Replacement
B5x04: Out of My Mind

And as a reminder the Slim Sets of Angel should of been released today. I know I will be picking them up since I only own Season 1 so far. And speaking of Angel, next week we will be watching:

WEEK OF 12/4/06
A2x01: Judgment
A2x02: Are You Now or Have You Ever Been
A2x03: First Impressions
A2x04: Untouched

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
I liked Dawn as well. I didn't know what the hell was going on, and why she was there but I liked the junior Summers. I think she was constantly frustrated all the time, and I find her behavior - as bratty as she was at times - to be understandable and justified.

With today being David Boreanaz DVD Day, I wanted to pick up BONES season 1, but 4 flipper discs? Forget it.
As for the ANGEL slim sets, I can't justify repurchasing all five seasons for better cases.
Instead I can finally get around to making artwork for my own repackaging so I can get them out of those stupid digipaks.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Dawn is tolerable in this season. Only becuase she is integral to the story arc. By next season, she is just a apin in the ass.

I liked the Replacement episode. It was fun and I really got a kick out of Anya wanting to have 2 Xanders for a night. LOL

It is a good thing that Brendon has a twin. I am sure it made this episode so much easier.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
For those of you buying the new ANGEL slim sets:

How much are you seeing them sold for?

Here in Canada, I've only seen them in one store - Future Shop (which is a Canadian version of Best Buy, though we have that store as well) and they were the same price as Bones Season 1, which is $45.99. Nowhere near the $29 price tag the slim Buffy sets are.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Just a heads-up, but Circuit City will be selling Angel season sets 1-5 for $17.99 each starting next Sunday (12/10/06). I don't know if they'll be the slimpacks or the original thicker editions.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Hi everybody, I received an email from Wendy and she asked me to cut and paste it here for you to read, she received some bad news regarding the challenge...

BTW thanks, Patrick, I picked up the season 2 slim set in preparation for the next season challenge. :emoji_thumbsup:

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I just finished watching the first disc on Angel, Season 2.

I like the Hotel. Although I never quite figure out how they can afford it. Even with it's history it would be many millions of dollars. They never really say how much was in that bag that he hid. But, I am sure it wasn't millions.

Would 50 year old money even still be spendable? I would thik that the money looked a little different that long ago.

I really like the addition of Lorne but seeing Angel sing Manalow is just wrong on so many levels. LOL

On a personal note, I just found out that Santa will be bringing me the entire Angel Series. This will mean no more scratched up Netflix discs for me. Yay!!

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
Don't you remember David Nabbitt? The nerdy guy from "War Zone", who appears again in "First Impressions" - on disc 1 - to help out financially with the hotel situation?

He was played by David Herman, from the early seasons of Mad TV.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
Angel does have an income - through the agency.

You know, "Angel Investigations" ?

Forgot about that, huh? They don't help the helpless for free. It's L.A. ! :)

From a transcript of "First Impressions"

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I know all of this. But as Cordilia often points out, most of the helpless folk don't have the means to pay.

Plus, even if they did, the lease would be 50,000 per month on a building like that. I doubt they charge enough to cover that plus be able to pay Gunn and themselves.

I am willing to look past this, I think it was just strange that they make a big point of not having much money, then they go and move into a fricken hotel.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member

Just thought I'd bump this for those who might benefit from the savings if they pick up Angel season sets this week at Circuit City.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks