What's new

Hollywoodland on February 6 (1 Viewer)

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
It seems like forever since Universal, Warner or Paramount has announced any new releases, so any news is good news.

Hopefully the dry spell is comming to a close.

AaronSCH

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron Schneiderman
I have kept a release calendar since owning my own video stores a number of years ago. The release news almost always comes to a screeching halt around the holidays.

Hollywoodland was a damn good movie and a bit of a surprise.

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
HOLLYWOODLAND is a very good film, but the color palette for most of the film is very drab. That might upset some of the "every HD presentation needs to look like Discovery HD" crowd.

norrisMc

Stunt Coordinator

That is LOVELY cover art.

"HOLLYWOODLAND" was a great movie. Criminally underrated. It got great reviews but was poorly promoted I thought.

Anyway, a very engrossing and powerful film with superb acting.

I hope Ben Affleck and Diane Lane get remembered at Awards time.
They were both stunning in this!

norrisMc

Stunt Coordinator
The story of Superman actor George Reeves, "HOLLYWOODLAND" starring Diane Lane and Ben Affleck is coming out on both DVD and combo-HD-DVD on February 6th!

I loved this movie. Powerful, engrossing and superbly shot. With stunning Oscar calibre performances by Ben Affleck and Diane Lane!

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
Except for the double sided drawback, I'm embracing the combo format as a rentailer. Looking forward to hybrid development.

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
I admit that combos are overpriced, but that feature did come in handy the other night when I went over to a friend's house. We were able to watch my copy of FIREWALL on his regular DVD player. I think that combos are a great idea, but they need to price them competitively, and advertise them so that the general public knows about them.

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann

While I have been a little disturbed by the Combo's. this week I have changed my mind. I recieved Slither prior to a business trip, and it was nice to be able to take it with me to watch on my Portable DVD player on the flight. Finally I have found a good use for the Combos.

AaronSCH

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron Schneiderman
The combos feature is turning out to be a big plus for HD DVD. I recently watched Dazed and Confused with my brother at his HD DVD deprived home.

norrisMc

Stunt Coordinator

I agree. I quite like the idea. Now I can watch HOLLYWOODLAND any where and at any time PLUS watch it in HiDef. Great!

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino

Yeah, I heard Diane Lane is in it.;)

Seriously though, looking forward to seeing this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.