What's new

Shows You Hope Will Be Completed In 2007 (1 Viewer)

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Well, it's getting close to the end of the year and the studios are already thinking about next year and so am I. I have several shows that I'm certain will be completed next year and a few that I hope will be completed by 12/31/07. What are your hopes for next year? Here's my list of shows that I'm collecting that I believe will be completed and the ones I hope will be completed in 2007.

Shows that I feel certain will be completed next year:

Roseanne (I don't see any reason why seasons 7-9 won't be released.)
That Girl (This is more of a possibility that a certainty, but I'm pretty confident.)
Family Affair (MPI has been pretty good with Dark Shadows so I think they will finish this one up as well, but they've been pretty slow with The Doris Day show. Maybe this might be wishful thinking.)
Dark Shadows (Finally finishing this one up.)
The Bob Newhart Show (Only two seasons left and we did get two seasons this year so I don't see any reason why Fox can't finish this one off.)
The Jeffersons (I'm stopping with the sixth season, so I'm pretty sure I'll finish this one.)

My Hope For List:

Charlies Angels (Only two more seasons so come on Sony, let's get this one in the can and be done with it.)
The Partridge Family (Again, only two more seasons. Let's get this one finished as well.)
The Mary Tyler Moore Show (Three seasons left, but if Fox really wants to finish this one off as well, there is no reason why they can't.)
Sigmund and the Sea Monsters (I'm not sure why it's taken so long for the 2nd and final season to come out, but we're really over due for this one to be finished.)
Rocky & Bullwinkle (I'm hoping that this one isn't a lost cause. I'd really like to have the final two seasons.)

Well, there is my hope for list for 2007. What's yours?

Roger_S

Stunt Coordinator
I can only think of a few I collect that might be finished next year...

Amazing Stories--Only it's second and final season to go...
The Doris Day Show--The 4th season's supposed to be out in February so that gives them 10 months to get the final season out.
Reba--I think there's two seasons left including the current one which is likely it's last season. So the series finishes up in March (maybe the next-to-last season comes out around then) and they can get this final season out a half-year or so later. Of course, I'd like to see the series continue beyond this season but I don't think it will.
The Rifleman--I think one or two more box sets will finish it off.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland

I spoke with the producer of the DVDs, Jim Pierson, at an event yesterday here in LA, and indeed both Seasons 4 and 5 will be out in 2007, as well as Doris' second TV special, with John Denver. AND, in surprising news, Doris is doing some commentaries on the Season 5 set!!
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
Golden Girls - we know for a fact season 7 will be out in Feb
Roseanne - think with the 3 month gap between seasons we should have the last season out by September
Seinfeld - hopefully we'll get 8 AND 9 next year and not a one year wait for 8
Charmed - season 7 will be out in Feb so the last season will probably be out in the summer
Bob Newhart Show - we're seeing 2 sets a year, and since there's only two seasons left, I think we'll see it finished by the fall
Full House - cannot stand it, but with 3 seasons this year, and only three left, we should see the end by the end of 2007 (maybe Warner can get back to Murphy Brown and Night Court when they're done with this and Fresh Prince)
Fresh Prince - only two seasons left

Lenny Rakes

Stunt Coordinator
Shows that I want to see completed:

The Bob Newhart Show
The Mary Tyler Moore Show
The Waltons

Shows that I want to see released in 2007

My Three Sons
WKRP
Petticoat Junction-Episodes not in the public domain
The Beverly Hillbillies-Episodes not in the public domain

Alan Lee UK

Stunt Coordinator
I'm sure this time last year there seemed to be some confidence that both Cheers and Frasier would be completed this year, and there has only been one set of each released. I still think seasons 9 and 10 of both will be released next year, which would complete Frasier (with season 11 already out), but Cheers would have to wait to 2008 for completion.

mannix

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
tim
the last season of the white shadow is one that i'd like to see

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
ROSEANNE - This one's a no-brainer. As someone stated above, these sets have been released at a rapid-fire pace so there's absolutely no reason why it shouldn't be completed this year.

FRASIER - I'm really hoping Paramount gets seasons 9 & 10 out in '07. It feels like I've been collecting this one forever.

EVERYBODY LOVES RAYMOND - This is another show that has had a pretty solid release schedule. No reason why season 8 and 9 shouldn't be released next year.

THE OSBOURNES - I know this is a long shot, and probably just wishful thinking on my part, but I'd like to see the last 2 seasons of this show released. It's been a few years since "2 1/2" came out so I'm not holding my breath. Mind you, who would've thought fans of "Mad About You" would see another season released. Never say never. :)

Bonnie*F

Stunt Coordinator

I'd like the next three seasons but I am actually hoping for at least another one in 2007!
It's sort of silly to place a year between seasons when the shows have already ended but I think that sales determine whether the next season gets released. And this is not a thread about all seasons or none.

MOST of what I currently am collecting that is nowhere near the last season(at least 2 more to go) or are currently on the air with possibilities of renewal.

Predictions:
Prince Valiant: Complete Series vol.2 - scheduled 1/16/07
Stargate SG-1 since Season 10 will be out next fall which is the last season unless the write-in campaign gets it another extension.
Gargoyles season 2 vol.2
The Tick (animated) Season 2 and maybe 3 even. The first set (season 1 minus 1) had a flyer that said the next set would be soon. We'll see the definition of "soon"
Pinky and the Brain vol. 3 Since there was only three "seasons" to PatB, there will likely be only 3 - or the max - 4 volumes to cover all of the episodes. Since these are coming out about 6 months apart, even a fourth volume should squeeze in before 2008.

Would like finish up:
S.W.A.T. Season 2
Randall and Hopkirk Deceased Original Series vol.2
Here Comes the Brides Season 2

And the one on every year's wishlist: Season 1 and 2 of Earth: Final Conflict

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I'm hoping Paramount will finish Adventures of Pete & Pete and Taxi... but not holding my breath on the latter.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
It's not exactly "complete" but "South Park" should be caught-up next year.

Season 9 has been announced around the time the first run of Season 11 starts and based on past releases Season 10 should come out when the second Season 11 run starts.

Obviously, at that point they'll just be able to release the seasons as they're completed.

ChadP2k

Stunt Coordinator
I'm hoping to complete these series in 2007:

Everybody Loves Raymond
F-Troop- Season one is out, hopefully they will finish it up
I Dream of Jeannie- with S3 schedule and two to go there might be hope
Mary Tyler Moore
Seinfeld- Seasons 8 & 9, maybe they will group them together

I'm hoping to see SOME movement on these series in '07:

Dragnet 1960's series- 1 season out, then nothing
Green Acres- we get three seasons and then nothing, with three to go.

jacktripper1

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jacob
At an average of 3 boxed sets per show per year, this is what I'm hoping to see finished:

Airwolf Seasons 3 and 4
Bewitched 5-8 if they do one about every three months.
Archie Bunker's Place 2-4
Boy meets world 4-7 if they do one about every three months
Flying nun Season 3(Why not?)
Fresh Prince of Bel Air Season 5 and 6
Full House Season 6,7,8
Green Acres Seasons 4,5,6
I Dream of Jeannie Season 4 and 5
The Jetsons Seasons 2 and 3
Leave it to Beaver- It only has 4 more left, they could make it happen
Mary Tyler Moore Show Seasons 5, 6, 7
The Nanny- It only has 4 more left, they could make it happen
Addams Family Volume 2 and 3
All in the Family Seasons 6-9- that's only four more
Cheers Seasons 9-11

Among others but those are the only ones I want to see finished.

Sean D.

Agent
Seinfeld- I'm sure 8 and 9 will be out.

Roseanne- I don't see any reason why it won't.

The Addams Family- They only need two more volumes.

The Adventures of Pete and Pete- I am hoping this will happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks