Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

All in the Family S6 - Will Sony pull a Fox?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 OFFLINE   Joe*A

Joe*A

Stunt Coordinator

• 186 posts

Posted November 17 2006 - 07:07 AM

I've been collecting the incredible All in the Family [in of my all time top 10 sitcoms] and now TVShowsOnDVD.com report that Season 6 will be coming out in the early new year. All in the Family season sets are bare bone - no extras, commentaries, etc. Just wondering if Sony will pull the same stunt that Fox did with MASH and release a Complete Series of All in the Family with loads of extras at a very low price. Fox gave me a bad taste in my mouth re. MASH and has indelibly made me weary of season sets without any extras. Does anyone feel the same way?

#2 of 9 OFFLINE   Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley

Producer

• 3,465 posts

Posted November 17 2006 - 07:40 AM

Sony never does much about extras in the first place, so I'd say no. Plus they haven't released complete boxed sets of series that they've managed to finish, like Sanford and Son. Sony seems to have an incredibly long sell-through schedule, taking at least a year for one season set to sell before introducing another. Where's Party of 5? Where's Green Acres? Only Sony knows for sure.

#3 of 9 OFFLINE   70sTVlover

70sTVlover

Stunt Coordinator

• 242 posts

Posted November 17 2006 - 07:50 AM

They took quite a while in releasing Starsky and Hutch season 4... And where's Cagney and Lacey?!?

#4 of 9 OFFLINE   MatthewA

MatthewA

Lead Actor

• 6,682 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted November 17 2006 - 07:56 AM

Cagney and Lacey was produced by Orion, which was acquired by MGM, thus now at Fox along with Green Acres.

Enough is enough, Disney. No more evasions or excuses. We DEMAND the release Song of the South on Blu-ray along with the uncut version of Bedknobs and Broomsticks on Blu-ray. I am going to boycott The Walt Disney Company until then. And while you're at it, PLEASE stop dropping DVD/laserdisc extras from Blu-ray releases of other films.

#5 of 9 OFFLINE   StacyV

StacyV

Second Unit

• 282 posts

Posted November 18 2006 - 06:58 AM

In terms of extras, I don't know if any were added, but Sony did release a complete collection of Tour of Duty

#6 of 9 OFFLINE   Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey

Screenwriter

• 2,447 posts

Posted November 18 2006 - 08:37 AM

I think the chances of Sony releasing a complete series set with more extras is very, very slim. The sets are coming out once a year because sales aren't strong; there wouldn't be a market for a complete series set. There weren't any extras for Tour of Duty (which had 3 seasons released in 13 months). Gord
Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#7 of 9 OFFLINE   Paul Miller

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor

• 567 posts

Posted November 18 2006 - 09:48 AM

Just be happy that the next season has been released and don't worry about down the road. Paul

#8 of 9 OFFLINE   David Rain

David Rain

Screenwriter

• 1,118 posts

Posted November 18 2006 - 10:47 AM

After this there are still 2 more Mike & Gloria seasons to go at which point I will stop collecting this series. The last season with Danielle is of little interest to me. It plays out like a season-long pilot for Archie Bunker's Place.
Turning the Beat Around at Our Cool New Pad

Retro Remixes

#9 of 9 OFFLINE   JohnMor

JohnMor

Producer

• 3,920 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted November 18 2006 - 11:01 AM

That is exactly what I am doing also. This gives me hope that Season 7 WILL indeed be released. It has one of my favorite Carroll O'Conner performances in "Archie and the Draft Dodger."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users