Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The One and Only PS3 Finder Thread

PlayStation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 of 10 OFFLINE   Doug Miller

Doug Miller

Supporting Actor

• 712 posts

Posted November 17 2006 - 05:21 AM

I was one of the uninspired last year. Didn't wait in any lines for the XBox 360, and didn't wait for the PS3 this year. However, I did get my XBox 360 on New Years Day because someone on this forum posted "Check Walmart this morning!"

So, let's dedicate this thread to finding a PS3.

If you get a PS3 at a retailer AFTER TODAY, post here. Where did you get it? What time? How many did they have? If your Target had it, mine might too!

That way we can all help each other find a unit before New Years, just like last year!

Doug

#2 of 10 OFFLINE   Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds

Producer

• 3,597 posts

Posted November 17 2006 - 05:50 AM

this thread will be very difficult to use for months, unless you are browsing the HTF from within your local electronics store.

CJ
And then when I feel so stuffed I can't eat anymore, I just use the restroom! And then I CAN eat more!

#3 of 10 OFFLINE   Dave_Brown

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor

• 666 posts

Posted November 17 2006 - 07:05 AM

I got one on my way into work this morning. Two guys in a white panel van stopped me, it seems they were working on a store install and their boss ordered too many units and they were letting the extras go cheap! Can't wait to get it home and actually open the box. Figured it might be a factory refurb or something as the box had a typ-o on it and called it a Suny Playstation 3.

#4 of 10 OFFLINE   Seth=L

Seth=L

Screenwriter

• 1,313 posts

Posted November 17 2006 - 04:51 PM

That reminds me of a scene in a movie. "Training Day" When Denzel and Ethan go into the hispanic comunity house, he is carrying a "Suny" boombox.

Oh, and I am sorry about your encounter with the scammers, just the season eh.Posted ImagePosted Image

#5 of 10 OFFLINE   Doug Miller

Doug Miller

Supporting Actor

• 712 posts

Posted November 18 2006 - 05:13 AM

How about we keep this one on topic. Christ, go sell your 3 on ebay.

In the meantime, Sony ships their units directly to retailers central warehouses, from there the units are distributed seperately to the B&M. If the Target in California gets their's today, in all likelihood the one here in Seattle will get their's today or tomorrow.

As I mentioned in the header, I got my 360 on New Years Day last year, because someone in this forum from BFE said they got their's at Walmart that morning. Sure enough, I also got one at Walmart that morning. I wasn't the only one that got a unit after a post -- I just wasn't fast enough to get one sooner.

Doug

#6 of 10 OFFLINE   Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds

Producer

• 3,597 posts

Posted November 18 2006 - 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Miller
How about we keep this one on topic. Christ, go sell your 3 on ebay.
i'll do whatever i want with them, but thanks anyway. if you are so eager to stay on topic, you'd have not posted about my 3 units. i didnt even mention them in this thread.

CJ

And then when I feel so stuffed I can't eat anymore, I just use the restroom! And then I CAN eat more!

#7 of 10 OFFLINE   Neil J

Neil J

Stunt Coordinator

• 160 posts

Posted November 21 2006 - 09:13 AM

Is there any word about when the next wave of shipments may start arriving...any before the end of the year?

#8 of 10 OFFLINE   BrianB

BrianB

Producer

• 5,211 posts

Posted November 21 2006 - 09:57 AM

Shops received a small delivery today, Neil.
high resolution ipod featuring dlp hd programming is the best, almost as good as playstation 2 with wega windows media on a super cd! ps2 and tivo do dolby tv with broadband hdtv!

#9 of 10 OFFLINE   Neil J

Neil J

Stunt Coordinator

• 160 posts

Posted November 21 2006 - 11:32 AM

Ok, thanks. I'll be sure to check around.

#10 of 10 OFFLINE   Mike_G

Mike_G

Screenwriter

• 1,446 posts

Posted November 22 2006 - 08:00 AM

I got one this morning from Gamestop.