Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Mystery Science Theater 3000 Collection: Volume 10 recalled?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
40 replies to this topic

#1 of 41 OFFLINE   Tim Tucker

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter

• 1,023 posts

Posted November 16 2006 - 06:37 AM

I just read this on Satellite News:
Quote:
Several readers have written to us in the past few days saying that they can no longer find The Mystery Science Theater 3000 Collection: Volume 10 on store shelves. Some readers have been told that there indeed has been a recall of the set. So if you still haven't picked up a copy, you may want to do so immediately, if you can still find it.
Anyone have further details on this?
BARBARA WRIGHT: You're from Earth?
MORTON DILL: No... no, ma'am, I... I'm from Alabama.
Doctor Who: Flight Through Eternity

#2 of 41 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,341 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted November 16 2006 - 02:23 PM

Thanks for the heads up. I had been dragging my feet on picking this up. Recalled or not, I got off my ass and picked up a copy after reading this. Posted Image

#3 of 41 OFFLINE   Tim Tucker

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter

• 1,023 posts

Posted November 16 2006 - 03:00 PM

I did the exact same thing. I was surprised to still find it in the stores, but it's disappearing from the online retailers.

BTW, Volumes 1 and 3 appear to be nearing extinction as well, due to the loss of the film rights.

#4 of 41 OFFLINE   John Stell

John Stell

Supporting Actor

• 862 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted November 17 2006 - 03:45 AM

Yes, apparently there is a rights issue with at least one title on Volume 10. Another reason I always get these sets right away!
"...you would not understand...You do not...have...daughters."

#5 of 41 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,341 posts

Posted November 17 2006 - 10:03 AM

It seems weird that it took nearly three months for someone to realize.

#6 of 41 OFFLINE   Sean Aaron

Sean Aaron

Second Unit

• 255 posts

Posted November 18 2006 - 03:37 AM

Not to derail the thread, but isn't Volume 11 due out in a couple of months? Shouldn't we have seen a title listing by now?

#7 of 41 OFFLINE   Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer

Producer

• 4,269 posts

Posted December 02 2006 - 05:31 PM

I was kind of stunned to see Godzilla vs Megalon on vol. 10; I assume that's the problem title (I can't imagine any giving a damn about Swamp Diamonds....)

#8 of 41 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,341 posts

Posted December 03 2006 - 01:37 AM

Oddly enough, the Borders in my area just got two more copies in this week. I left it for a MSTie to pick up instead of selling it on eBay. Posted Image

#9 of 41 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Executive Producer

• 16,246 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted December 03 2006 - 02:41 PM

i picked it up today at best buy.

its been there for a while i think
i doubt they have been getting new copies over the last coup,e months.
facebook.com/whotony

#10 of 41 OFFLINE   Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 5,906 posts
  • LocationCould be anywhere

Posted December 20 2006 - 12:06 PM

These are selling for $95+ on ebay now. Amazon.com marketplace has a seller with one for $150. Posted Image

I just ordered one online for $53. I hope I can still get it. The order went through so we'll see. It looks good at this point. I don't want to say where I ordered since some might not of thought of it...and to keep the playing field level. Hee hee! Fans, keep looking. You too resellers! Good luck to all of us.

Vol. 11 is still good to go according to mst3k.com. Posted Image

Like others have said, this is the last time I put off buying these. I still need 6-9 and I'll be picking those up over the next 3 months or so.
Silly Party Candidate: Tarquin Fin- tim- lim- bim- whin- bim- lim- bus- stop- F'tang- F'tang- Olè- Biscuitbarrel

#11 of 41 OFFLINE   Tim Tucker

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter

• 1,023 posts

Posted December 20 2006 - 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioman970
Like others have said, this is the last time I put off buying these.
Amen, brother. I took the opportunity during the last DDD 20% sale to pick up all the volumes I was missing. Roll on Volume 11!

#12 of 41 OFFLINE   Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 5,906 posts

Posted December 20 2006 - 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Tucker

Amen, brother. I took the opportunity during the last DDD 20% sale to pick up all the volumes I was missing. Roll on Volume 11!
I think in Feb I'm going to just buy all I don't yet have. It's rediculous to miss out on these.

I've checked my email about 2 dozen times waiting for a confirmation of the order or for shipping. Nothing yet. So..... *sells soul to Pitch* *joins the Martians to defeat Santa* *burns the Mexican Santa's butt with firecrackers*

This will make my Christmas if I can snag one of these for $50 instead of $100.
Silly Party Candidate: Tarquin Fin- tim- lim- bim- whin- bim- lim- bus- stop- F'tang- F'tang- Olè- Biscuitbarrel

#13 of 41 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Executive Producer

• 16,246 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted December 21 2006 - 12:37 AM

have you guys been checking local borders.

they almost always have a 30% off floating around and my local the other day had 8 of the 10 sets on the shelf.
facebook.com/whotony

#14 of 41 OFFLINE   Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 5,906 posts

Posted December 21 2006 - 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD
have you guys been checking local borders.

they almost always have a 30% off floating around and my local the other day had 8 of the 10 sets on the shelf.
Their online site says "teamed with Amazon.com". So I figured they were out of them since Amazon is. Although you can never tell with the b&m locations.

I actually have someone checking a Borders and other places near them in case my current online order is a false hope.

Do something fast since there's several listed in amazon's marketplace for $199. Posted Image At least snag one on ebay. The cup&blade tape trading place will probably begin taking orders for these in the future (if they haven't already) so there's always that option. They have terrific copies of everything. I plan to buy the whole series from them in the near future.

#15 of 41 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,341 posts

Posted December 21 2006 - 06:38 AM

Definitely check your Borders because tons of the ones on eBay have Borders price tags still on them. And I saw a number of them there about two weeks ago. Unfortunately, they've sold now (and were probably re-sold on eBay) but it's still worth it to take a look in your area.

#16 of 41 OFFLINE   Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 5,906 posts

Posted December 21 2006 - 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisR
Definitely check your Borders because tons of the ones on eBay have Borders price tags still on them. And I saw a number of them there about two weeks ago. Unfortunately, they've sold now (and were probably re-sold on eBay) but it's still worth it to take a look in your area.
They're cleaning them out. Posted Image Well, you can't blame them. A good money making opportunity for them as we poor saps scrambled to get it while we can. I'm hoping I found somewhere they didn't think of. But I'm still waiting for "In progress" to change on my order. I should know before late this evening. I don't want to make any money so I'm only taking one if it's there for me. (whispers upward) ya hear that God? I only want one.

#17 of 41 OFFLINE   SilverWook

SilverWook

Screenwriter

• 1,616 posts

Posted December 21 2006 - 08:50 AM

You might want to give Fry's a shot if there's one near you.

#18 of 41 OFFLINE   Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 5,906 posts

Posted December 21 2006 - 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverWook
You might want to give Fry's a shot if there's one near you.
That could be a good bet. I'm thinking at this point there's still a few hidden somewhere at some no-name place. Unfortunately I'm in a small town with only a lame Walmart. There's probably not a single copy of that anywhere in my city. Posted Image

More and more it's looking like my attempt has failed. I ordered on 12/20 and it's still saying "in progress". At least if it said "sent to warehouse" or something I could pop the cork and do the victory dance.

#19 of 41 OFFLINE   ZackR

ZackR

Supporting Actor

• 611 posts

Posted December 22 2006 - 12:19 AM

My local Best Buy had none. I went to Circuit City and the girl said, "We had to send those back several weeks ago." Luckily,this Circuit City apparently does not know how to keep their DVD section organized and I found a lone copy hanging out in the Sci-Fi section. Posted Image
You'll Believe A Man Can Fly
DVDAF

#20 of 41 OFFLINE   Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 5,906 posts

Posted December 22 2006 - 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZackR
My local Best Buy had none. I went to Circuit City and the girl said, "We had to send those back several weeks ago." Luckily,this Circuit City apparently does not know how to keep their DVD section organized and I found a lone copy hanging out in the Sci-Fi section. Posted Image
Awesome dude! *hi-five*

Now, where do you live again?

*has cat burglar outfit refitted* :P

Damn, I'm gonna get coals in my stocking this year.

Back to TV on DVD and Blu-ray

Forum Nav Content I Follow