Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Medium - Season 3

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 OFFLINE   chuck_b

chuck_b

Supporting Actor

• 540 posts

Posted November 16 2006 - 06:33 AM

The two hour season premiere aired early last night (scoring a 5.9/9) and featured Patricia Arquette's real life husband as guest star playing a past lover. Although I really like this show and have always said that the one hour slot seems to sometimes force story lines into a too fast conclusion, last nights show seemed too long for some reason. The disconnected stories went on too long and the boring ex-lover character had too much of a bad ghost story feel (including the cold air effect and cheesy SFX whenever he showed up). I also found the realistic family focus which has been a highlight of this show seemed less novel after two seasons - Joe's patience is starting to get on my nerves. With no history on the new Detective Scanlon relationship, that storyline lacked any emotion or involvement. In hindsight, maybe the hour slot is what makes the series so good and dragging less exiting stories over two hours loses some of the magic.
"The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad. "

#2 of 9 OFFLINE   Frank Anderson

Frank Anderson

Screenwriter

• 2,670 posts

Posted November 16 2006 - 09:09 AM

I have not watched it yet. I've never seen a single episode but I recorded this one because Thomas Jane was in it. Hope it's worth it.

Posted Image

#3 of 9 OFFLINE   mylan

mylan

Screenwriter

• 1,686 posts

Posted November 19 2006 - 01:56 AM

We just watched this ep. last night and I have to agree that two hours seems long even though we FF through commercials. This show has always entertained but I'm hoping it hasn't jumped the you-know-what. Allison has gone from dreams to talking to ghosts while awake and tag teaming with her daughter to solve mysteries. I don't know how her husband continually puts up with all the sleepless nights.
I know enough to know I don't know enough!

#4 of 9 OFFLINE   Tom McA

Tom McA

Stunt Coordinator

• 166 posts

Posted November 20 2006 - 09:39 AM

The first 20 minutes played either silently, or in stereo rather than 5.1 (mainly silent), and flipped between full-frame standard def and widescreen HD. Thanks a pantsload, KNBC.

#5 of 9 OFFLINE   Elizabeth S

Elizabeth S

Producer

• 4,524 posts

Posted November 27 2006 - 06:19 AM

Finally caught up with the 2-hour season premiere last night. Wow -- I wasn't wearing my contacts, but I totally didn't realize that was Thomas Jane. I think I need that TV upgrade soon. Posted Image

It felt like a very long stretch since last season, and I barely missed it with all the many shows I watch.

#6 of 9 OFFLINE   John_Lee

John_Lee

Supporting Actor

• 966 posts

Posted November 27 2006 - 06:29 AM

Yeah, I got confused too. Thought he was a homeless man. Turns out he's a famous actor playing a homeless man. Posted Image

#7 of 9 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 38,048 posts

Posted November 27 2006 - 10:02 AM

This last episode felt a lot like Day Break and Groundhog Day.
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#8 of 9 OFFLINE   John_Lee

John_Lee

Supporting Actor

• 966 posts

Posted May 10 2007 - 03:49 AM

That was disgusting, start out watching a show you like, and get subjected to a 10 minute commercial for freaking 'Deal or No Deal?' Crass and insulting.

#9 of 9 OFFLINE   brentl

brentl

Screenwriter

• 2,919 posts

Posted May 10 2007 - 03:55 AM

O c'mon now, I'll tell you I was expecting a head in one of the cases. Brent

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users