What's new

First review of Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby (1 Viewer)

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
After reading this review, I believe I will be cancelling my order, and wait for additional reports.

Bob_L

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Lindstrom
Yipes. Isn't this the free pack-in for the PS3?

That doesn't sound good.

RobertDW

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert D Wehe

It's also a dual layer 50GB BD disc. 2/5 for video yuck,PS3 buyers may never buy a BD disc after getting a look at this bomb.

BrettB

Senior HTF Member

This sounds like 12 Monkeys Part 2. If that's the case then maybe this wasn't such a great choice for the pack-in.

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter

I don't see what everyone is complaining about...

So it doesn't have that "3d look" to it? Not ALL movies ARE 3d. It's film. Maybe it was supposed to look like that.

The reviewer states that the source "is pristine" and that there were no objectional artifacts. I think this is A GOOD THING! Marking a video rating down to 2/5 just cause it doesn't "pop!" is pretty lame...

dkny75

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Danny
It did not look that flat in the theaters. I haven't seen the BD to do a comparisson but going off of what Peter Bracke says it definitely sounds different. Besides, why would the deleted scenes look better than the actual movie?

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Deleted scenes usually aren't color graded like the scenes of the movie.

But this could be a transfer along the lines of "Hero" which was very drab looking compared to it's theatrical release, or so I understand. Only got to see the DVD, and it wasn't very vibrant.

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
I found neither viewing lacked 'contrast'. If this is the case with this release, additional reviewers should point it out, and if it turns out to be another poor quality disk from Sony, let the buyer beware.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks