What's new

Finally! Sabrina, the Teenage Witch is coming in 2007 (1 Viewer)

LCD22

Screenwriter
This is a surprise! My only concern is whether or not they'll be able to clear all of the music. The pilot episode (not the telefilm that aired on Showtime) had two endings (which I hope we'll see and any other extras). Thanks for the news, David Lambert.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=6609

...and they're also planning the second season, can't wait to read that news.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
It's about time!!! I love this show...well, the first four seasons anyway...I sure do hope there are cast interviews and commentary.

I have been thinking about the music rights to this show too as I've been watching it on ABC Family...I hope they don't have problems securing them.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
Yeah... this is great news... I enjoyed the run on ABC... never seen the episodes after the move. My daughter will be thrilled too... she been watching some of the episodes on cable. I can hardly wait till she gets home from school now! :)

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
I think today is actually when they start playing the WB run of episodes as last night was the last one seen on ABC....the college years for Sabrina were not good except for the addition of Soleil Moon Frye (aka Punky Brewster) to the show as Sabrina's roommate Roxie.

RoryR

Stunt Coordinator
Great news, I wish they added some features - the show had a pretty interesting history for a sitcom, the cast/network changes.

I dislike the first season with Jenny (or was it 2?) but still look forward to the show.

Harpozep

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert
Who was Jenny? I don't remeber. I watched a bunch of the shows when I could catch them ( I've never been a slave to TV and got tired of sifting through VHS tapes when I time shifted ).
I've wanted this on DVD for some time now as my duaghter , who is six, will just love it :) I was hoping it would come out before she was , say, 18!
Darned music rights hold up.....?

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Jenny was Sabrina's best friend during the first season. She had long curly hair and she was very much an activist. I'm not sure why she left after the first season as I enjoyed her more than Valerie.

Jenny is seen in this photo on the left:

LCD22

Screenwriter
Michelle Beaudoin who played Jenny was also Sabrina's best friend in the original pilot for Showtime.

I also liked Jenny. I liked the Sabrina/Harvey/Jenny dynamic they setup in the first season (though I did also like the Valerie character).

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Gods, I've been waiting for this show as well. I can't wait and we'll have the first two seasons on DVD anyway. I don't much care about the music (who cares), never did remember the music as well anyway, but studios should keep the original opening and ending theme music, anyway ... long live Sabrina, Bewitched and IDoJ.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Here is an episode list with the original air date and a brief description.

Ep. #1: "Pilot" (9/27/1996) - Sabrina Spellman discovers that she is a witch on her 16th birthday...this on top of the stress of being the new girl in a school where the most popular girl, Libby, hates her.

Like has been mentioned previously this episode has two different endings, which I hope will be included on the DVD. The first one, which is the one always shown in reruns is where Salem tells Sabrina to zap herself a glass of milk. The second has Salem telling the audience they are under his control until he hears a can opener and leaves hoping it's tuna.

Ep. #2: "Bundt Friday" (10/4/1996) - Sabrina slips Libby some truth sprinkles in order to get Libby to confess to the lies she has been spreading.

Ep. #3: "The True Adventures of Rudy Kazootie" (10/11/1996) - Sabrina transforms baby Rudy, whom she is babysitting, into a full grown man so that she can focus her attention on Harvey, her boyfriend, whom she has invited over. Randy Travis and Eddie Cibrian guest star as themselves.

Ep. #4: "Terrible Things" (10/18/1996) - Sabrina grants her friend's wishes disregarding her aunts' admonition that 'terrrrible things' will happen if she does this. In order to fix the chaos that she causes she has to plead with the Witches' Council to fix it. This is the first episode to feature Drell, head of the Witches' Council, who is played by real life magician Penn Jillette of Penn and Teller fame.

Ep. #5: "A Halloween Story" (10/25/96) - Sabrina zaps up a clone of herself to attend a party with Harvey while she is forced into attending a family function on Halloween. Talk show host Sally Jesse Raphael appears as herself.
Melissa Joan Hart's sister Emily appears as Sabrina's cousin Amanda.

Ep. #6: "Dream Date" (11/1/96) - Sabrina is crushed when she finds that Harvey is going to attend a dance with Libby leaving Sabrina dateless...that is until her aunt's build her a date out of man dough. Brian Austin Green plays the man dough date named Chad Corey Dylan. Tom Wilson (Biff from "Back to the Future") appears as Simon. Eddie Cibrian returns this time playing a firefighter.

Ep. #7: "Third Aunt from the Sun" (11/8/1996) - Sabrina's eccentric Aunt Vesta comes for a visit from her other worldly Pleasure Dome. She asks Sabrina to come stay with her and when Sabrina finds that life there is so carefree and pleasurable she must choose between that life and her life back on Earth. Silver screen hottie Raquel Welch plays Aunt Vesta. She actually guested on Bewitched in Ep. #9: "Witch or Wife" playing a stewardess in one of her first TV roles.

Ep. #8: "Magic Joel" (11/15/1996) - To make Harvey jealous, Sabrina focuses her attention on nerdy magician Joel, whom she helps with his magic with her own real magic. Donald Faison (Scrubs) makes his first appearance on this series as a character named Justin. He will later return next season as a warlock suitor of Sabrina's named Dashiell.

Ep. #9:"Geek Like Me" (11/22/1996) - Sabrina, fed up with Libby's taunting of not only her but others at school, turns Libby into a nerd.

Ep. #10: "Sweet and Sour Victory" (11/29/1996) - Trying to impress Harvey, Sabrina zaps herself into a champion kung-fu expert, but gets disappointment from her aunts and from the magical trophy she wins.

Ep. #11: "A Girl and Her Cat" (12/13/1996) - Sabrina and Salem get into a fight when he gets her thrown out of the pizzaria. She washes her hands of him and pretends to not care when he doesn't show up for Christmas dinner. She drops the act when she finds that he has been cat-napped by a little boy who refuses to give him up. Rapper Coolio appears as himself.

Ep. #12: "Trial by Fury" (1/3/1997) - Mr. Rothwell, Sabrina's teacher, singles her out and begins treating her unfairly so her aunts decide to teach him a lesson by having him get pulled into traffic court for an unfair trial. Ed Begley Jr. plays Mr. Rothwell. Henry Gibson (Laugh In) plays the judge. He appeared twice on Bewitched, once as Napoleon Bonaparte and next as a wicked leprechaun. He will return to Sabrina later in the series.

Ep. #13: "Jenny's Non-Dream" (1/10/1997) - Jenny accidentally enters the Other Realm, through the linen closet, when she sleeps over at Sabrina's. As punishment Drell turns her into a grasshopper. Jack Wagner (The Bold and the Beautiful) appears as himself. Teller appears as Skippy, Drell's co-hort, and real life cohort to Penn Jillette.

Ep. #14: "Sabrina Through the Looking Glass" (1/17/1997) - A stressed out Sabrina grows a wart which begins getting bigger and bigger. To hide from embrassment she zaps herself into her mirror and doesn't come out until Baltimore Orioles' ball player Brady Anderson talks her out of it. Brady Anderson appears as himself.

Ep. #15: "Hilda and Zelda: the Teenage Years" (1/31/1997) - Hilda and Zelda tell Sabrina they'll allow her to attend a Violent Femmes concert only if they attend with her. When she voices her disapproval to this they say that they will turn themselves into teenagers and end up getting into more trouble themselves than Sabrina would've got into. The Violent Femmes appear as themselves.

Ep. #16: "Mars Attracts" (2/7/1997) - On a skiing trip to Mars, Sabrina falls in love with her skiing instructor making her forget all about her mortal love, Harvey. David Chokachi plays Doug, the skiing intructor. Chris Elliott plays Warren, an alien who falls in love with Hilda.

Ep. #17: "First Kiss" (2/14/1997) - Salem tries everything to disrupt what is going to be Sabrina and Harvey's first kiss as he knows that a kiss from a witch will turn Harvey into a frog - permanently - unless Sabrina can prove that she truly loves him.

Ep. #18: "Sweet Charity" (3/7/1997) - Sabrina tries to get the student body involved in the Adopt-A-Grandparent program but nobody cares, especially Libby, who seems to control the student body. Therefore, Sabrina zaps herself into looking like Libby. Things get sticky when the real Libby shows up. Karen Morrow plays Nana, the grandma that Sabrina adopts. She originally played Aunt Minerva on the Bewitched spinoff 'Tabitha'. Alan Young portrays Mr. Barry. He was Wilbur on 'Mr. Ed'.

Ep. #19: "Cat Showdown" (3/21/1997) - In order to make some quick cash Sabrina decides to enter Salem in a cat show and finds that the show is rigged.

Ep. #20: "Meeting Dad's Girlfriend" (4/4/1997) - Sabrina tries to persuade her father's new girlfriend Gail that her father isn't ready to date. Sabrina's father, Edward, is played by Robby Benson, the voice of the Beast from Disney's "Beauty and the Beast". Gail is played by Charlene Fernetz who originally played Aunt Hilda in the "Sabrina" TV movie.

Ep. #21: "As Westbridge Turns" (4/25/1997) - A bored Sabrina spices things up when she opens up a literal can of worms which causes everyone to act as if they are in a daytime soap.

Ep. #22: "The Great Mistake" (5/2/1997) - Sabrina finds out that everyone makes mistakes when she sneaks out of her room where she is supposed to be doing homework to attend a Smashing Pumpkins concert on her flying vaccuum.

Ep. #23: "The Crucible" (5/9/1997) - On a field trip to Salem, MA where she and her classmates are going to relive the trials, Sabrina fears that they will find out that she really is a witch. This is the last episode to feature Jenny who inexplicably doesn't show up again.

Ep. #24: "Troll Bride" (5/16/1997) - Sabrina hires a Finder Troll to help her find her missing homework. In return he demands her hand in marriage and whisks her off to his castle where she can only be rescued by a prince she loves, Harvey. This is the last episode of the First Season.

LCD22

Screenwriter
If you're a fan of "MacGyver", Salem tries to "think" like "MacGyver" in "A Girl and Her Cat" which is not only one of my favorite episodes, but it also holds a very special place in my heart being that "MacGyver" is my favorite series of all-time. There's also a special guest appearance by one of the stars of Melissa Joan Hart's "Clarissa Explains It All", as well as a special cameo (it's not related to her previous series - I won't spoil it for those who haven't seen it).

Salem: What would "MacGyver" do?

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
It was definitely a good show; I'd probably wait for a Christmas-period sale before I picked it up, but I'd definitely love to get the ABC seasons.

LCD22

Screenwriter

I wonder how I missed that. I've seen those "Snack Wrap" commercials for McDonald's, but didn't know she was in one. Actually the last time I saw her was in the independent film "Waydowntown".

JamesTaylor

Stunt Coordinator
Hi guys, I've got a few questions regarding some episodes of Sabrina the Teenage Witch. I've asked on the TV.com message boards, but no one seems to know. They're probably directed more to David*P more than anyone else, since he's the authority on anything Bewitched, IDOJ, and Sabrina.
I was just wondering which episode features Sabrna, Harvey, Valerie, and possibly a few more people in a tree house, in a forest type place, in the middle of a storm. From memory, I think that it was a Halloween episode, but I could be wrong there. Also, Which episode was it where they eat Flan, and Shiny Happy People is playing in the background? Where Sabrina, Hilda, and Zelda spoof Bride of Frankenstein, with the weird hair? That bit was probably a small part of the episode. What episode included Sabrina dressing up as a clown and running through a forest in order to get to Harvey? I think that it was an episode with the Quizmaster in it. Which episode had Aaron Carter singing around a campfire at the beach? Which episode did Backstreet Boys appear? Where Hanson appear? Where Avril Lavigne appears? Any help will be greatly appreciated. I know that I gave some pretty vague descriptions, but that's all I can remember of them. Sorry.
Oh, and any word on if the correct music will be included? I hope it is, even if the price is higher. And any word on whether the pilot eps two endings will be included? I hope so. I can't even remember which one I originally saw.
Thanks.
-James

LCD22

Screenwriter
Early word from Sitcoms Online is that "Sabrina" will have music substitution and that some episodes will be edited. That's two series I won't be buying from Paramount this year.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
So I bought Sabrina yesterday and watched the first episode. It's quite clear and was enjoyable but of course, the alternate ending isn't included:frowning: And there aren't any extras which is mind-boggling considering all the cast is still around...you would think they would jump on that especially considering it's only been 10 years since they filmed the first season.

ABC Family just recently started playing the series over again so I'll be watching those to see what the music replacements are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks