Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Any hint or word on The Wild Bunch on HD-DVD?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Nick Graham

Nick Graham

Screenwriter

• 1,409 posts

Posted November 13 2006 - 03:05 PM

After years of hearing and reading how good it was, I rented The Wild Bunch this weekend (though my only choice was the older 1998 flipper release). What a film! I know Warner has fairly recently released a remastered 2-disc edition of this film, and I'd love to buy it, but I'm a little hesitant to since they have shown a commitment to releasing classic films on the newer format.

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   AaronSCH

AaronSCH

Second Unit

• 284 posts

Posted November 14 2006 - 03:29 AM

You can probably count on Warner's newer two-disc SD DVD releases to be among the first to make it to HD DVD and that other format.

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Bob_L

Bob_L

Supporting Actor

• 893 posts

Posted November 14 2006 - 05:37 PM

"The Wild Bunch" in HD DVD would be a dream come true.

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Ken Koc

Ken Koc

Supporting Actor

• 935 posts

Posted November 15 2006 - 01:52 AM

It was shown on Cinemax last week in HD, but after the opening credits, it was zoomed to PAN AND SCAN to fit 16X9!! It was a grainy abomination!!!! Cinemax and HBO and INHD ALL seem to show 2.35 films that way!!
Ken

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Bob_L

Bob_L

Supporting Actor

• 893 posts

Posted November 15 2006 - 02:09 AM

Yup, this is the reason -- along with DirecTV's HD Lite -- that I don't get DTV HD, even though I'm a longtime subscriber to their SD service. Arrggghhhh. Pan and Scan, and The tyranny of J6P.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users