Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Superman HD-DVD Dilema

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   Harminder

Harminder

Second Unit

• 462 posts

Posted November 12 2006 - 04:15 PM

I finally got a chance to watch Superman Returns and I really liked it and is definitely on my HD-DVD wishlist. However, I am also a huge fan of all 4 previous Superman movies. My biggest fear is that I will buy SR, S1 & S2: RDC on HD-DVD only to hear 6 months from now that all 6 Superman movies will be released in a boxset and #3 and #4 will only available in the boxset (ex. Mission: Impossible Boxset). What should I do? Should I buy all 3? Not buy all 3 and wait for some kind of boxset? Only buy SR? AHHHHH!

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   Ed St. Clair

Ed St. Clair

Producer

• 3,320 posts

Posted November 12 2006 - 04:27 PM

Wait for the box. Or, purchase or rent now, with the knowledge that the box IS coming. The box will have the super cartoons & super doc!
Movies are: "The Greatest Artform".
HD should be for EVERYONE!

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   BrettGallman

BrettGallman

Screenwriter

• 1,392 posts

Posted November 12 2006 - 05:24 PM

Wait, so a box set has been offically announced for HD/Blu-Ray?
Oh, the Horror - Horror Reviews from All Decades and All Sub-Genres!
Balls Academy -  Your Alma mater for teen films, raunchy, low-brow comedies, sexploitation & coming of age dramas.
Other recent reviews: Super | Thor Tobacco RoadSource Code | Sucker Punch |

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   Brent M

Brent M

Producer

• 4,486 posts

Posted November 12 2006 - 06:11 PM

I think it's expected, but I certainly haven't heard anything "official" about it.
"If you're good at something, never do it for free."

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   Harminder

Harminder

Second Unit

• 462 posts

Posted November 13 2006 - 11:03 AM

I'm leaning towards just picking up Superman Returns, but at the same time I really want to see the Richard Donner Cut of Superman II. UGH! Why couldn't Warner have just released the boxset on HD-DVD?!

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   Norman Matthews

Norman Matthews

Second Unit

• 258 posts

Posted January 22 2007 - 04:12 PM

So, any further word on the Superman box being upgraded from "expected" (or, asked with less enthusiasm, downgraded)? I just leaped into HD DVD this Christmas (well, I guess I was more correctly pushed, but I couldn't be happier about it) and now that I'm done paying off everybody else's Christmas, I'm staring at the same problem as the original poster. Sorry if this has been gone over a million times in a millions places, but I've looked and looked and all I could find was this thread.

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   Tim Glover

Tim Glover

Lead Actor

• 7,803 posts

Posted January 22 2007 - 06:48 PM

Do what we all do....buy now and buy again later. Posted Image Posted Image

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   Norman Matthews

Norman Matthews

Second Unit

• 258 posts

Posted January 23 2007 - 01:22 AM

I'm trying to be good! Posted Image

Besides, I have so much catching up to do now that waiting on Superman might not be the worst thing in the world. And I know the lull in releases is a bad thing, but I can't help but think that just maybe it's designed a little bit to let people like me catch up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users