-

Photo
- - - - -

We Were Soldiers HD-DVD OOP???

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   EnricoE

EnricoE

Supporting Actor

• 516 posts

Posted November 09 2006 - 11:53 PM

a few days ago i wanted to order we were soldiers and amazon doesn't have it anymore. well, you can order it but they don't give a date when they get a nw shipment. also deepdiscountdvd doesn't even have this film listed.

now i wonder if paramount pulled the disc from the shelfs which i hope they didn't. anyone knows something about the situation?

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   ppltd

ppltd

Producer

• 3,044 posts

Posted November 09 2006 - 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnricoE
now i wonder if paramount pulled the disc from the shelfs which i hope they didn't. anyone knows something about the situation?

I just ordered the HD from DVD Empire yesterday. They have it in stock.
Thomas Eisenmann(Last updated 09/30/11)

Blu-Ray Collection  DVD Collection, Numerous BD players,

LG 55LX6500 55-Inch 3D 1080p 240 Hz LED

Pioneer VSX-94TXH, Panasonic PT-AE7000U 3D 1080p (PT-AE8000 Just Ordered, 

1124 BDs and going up, 1028 - DVDs and going down.

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   AaronSCH

AaronSCH

Second Unit

• 284 posts

Posted November 10 2006 - 12:14 AM

My guess is that the initial production of HD DVD and Blu-ray software is limited. A number of titles may get hard-to-find as the holiday season progresses. The initial production runs are probably based on projected hardware sales. Retailers may have a hard time replenishing their stock.

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   Tim Glover

Tim Glover

Lead Actor

• 7,661 posts

Posted November 10 2006 - 02:25 AM

For some very, very odd reason Amazon never got some of those early Paramount titles like We Were Soldiers and The Italian Job. I really can't complain though as using the 10% off and free 2 day prime shipping, amazon ordering has been great.

That said, I really wanted those movies and finally broke down and ordered through buy.com. I used the Google Checkout feature which gives you $10 off a $30 order. Total for BOTH dvds shipped was $31.78. Not bad at all! Posted Image

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

Studio Mogul

• 24,703 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted November 10 2006 - 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Glover
For some very, very odd reason Amazon never got some of those early Paramount titles like We Were Soldiers and The Italian Job. I really can't complain though as using the 10% off and free 2 day prime shipping, amazon ordering has been great.

That said, I really wanted those movies and finally broke down and ordered through buy.com. I used the Google Checkout feature which gives you $10 off a $30 order. Total for BOTH dvds shipped was $31.78. Not bad at all! Posted Image
They got them because I received both titles as preorders from them. However, that doesn't mean that they've kept them in-stock.

Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Schedule

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   Tim Glover

Tim Glover

Lead Actor

• 7,661 posts

Posted November 10 2006 - 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Crawford
They got them because I received both titles as preorders from them. However, that doesn't mean that they've kept them in-stock.

Crawdaddy

I stand corrected Posted Image...each time I tried to order these from amazon they always kept saying, "this title has not yet been released..." I think I sent about 3 different emails periodically to them and each time the same canned answer. They do show Blu Ray version of The Italian Job though.

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   EnricoE

EnricoE

Supporting Actor

• 516 posts

Posted November 10 2006 - 02:01 PM

i tried to order from buy.com using google checkout and guess what, it didn't work. reason: germany isn't listed as a selectable country Posted Image

Forum Nav Content I Follow