What's new

We Were Soldiers HD-DVD OOP??? (1 Viewer)

EnricoE

Supporting Actor
a few days ago i wanted to order we were soldiers and amazon doesn't have it anymore. well, you can order it but they don't give a date when they get a nw shipment. also deepdiscountdvd doesn't even have this film listed.

now i wonder if paramount pulled the disc from the shelfs which i hope they didn't. anyone knows something about the situation?

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann

I just ordered the HD from DVD Empire yesterday. They have it in stock.

AaronSCH

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron Schneiderman
My guess is that the initial production of HD DVD and Blu-ray software is limited. A number of titles may get hard-to-find as the holiday season progresses. The initial production runs are probably based on projected hardware sales. Retailers may have a hard time replenishing their stock.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
For some very, very odd reason Amazon never got some of those early Paramount titles like We Were Soldiers and The Italian Job. I really can't complain though as using the 10% off and free 2 day prime shipping, amazon ordering has been great.

That said, I really wanted those movies and finally broke down and ordered through buy.com. I used the Google Checkout feature which gives you $10 off a $30 order. Total for BOTH dvds shipped was $31.78. Not bad at all! :)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
They got them because I received both titles as preorders from them. However, that doesn't mean that they've kept them in-stock.

Crawdaddy

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover

I stand corrected
htf_images_smilies_blush.gif
...each time I tried to order these from amazon they always kept saying, "this title has not yet been released..." I think I sent about 3 different emails periodically to them and each time the same canned answer. They do show Blu Ray version of The Italian Job though.

EnricoE

Supporting Actor
i tried to order from buy.com using google checkout and guess what, it didn't work. reason: germany isn't listed as a selectable country :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks