What's new

DDD 20% off sale Now Extended until 11/23/06 (1 Viewer)

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Subject says it all. And yet I'll say more:

20% off works on pretty much all DVDs except pre-orders (but 11/14 releases should be eligible for the sale beginning that day).

Some codes that usually work (but I don't believe are confirmed for this sale yet):

USATODAY
NYTIMES
SUPERSALE
DDDCD
DD1110
PRICESEARCH
LATIMES
ESPN
YAHOO
JIM
WGN
XM
DVDTALK

Get ready.

PattyFraser

Second Unit
Thanks Scott. Been checking my email every day for this info, but I never got a notice this time. *Gives her wallet a shot of adrenaline*

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Alrighty...I've already got my list (complete with some Christmas gifts) and I'll probably make the first order tomorrow. Just gotta remember not to spend TOO much...

EmmaAU

Agent
The sale doesn't seem like such a bargain this time around. Several of the boxed sets I want are priced over $40 (pre-sale). In previous years they were in the $30 range. I won't be buying too much this time around.

dberthia

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dave
Their prices have gone way up this past year. I can usually find better deals on Amazon now. That said, they are still cheaper on some items. I used to just blindly buy from DDD, but after they jacked the prices I always shop around first now. I'll buy a few things during the sale, but not nearly as much as I used to.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Christ - this couldnt come at a worse time. I'm heading out of the country for vacation, and really cant afford this.

DonHearth

Grip
Interesting timing for me. I have 5 different releases that are coming out 11/21. I was hoping to grab these at 20% off, but no such luck...

Alias The Complete 5th Season
Boston Legal The Complete 2nd Season
How I Met Your Mother Season 1
Seinfeld Vol 6 - Season 7
Star Trek: Animated Complete Series

Eric_R.

Stunt Coordinator
bought complete series of west wing at best buy then this comes up. could have easily saved $40 but oh well.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Looking at all the titles I have been interested in, I see no indication of that. Of course, I am generally not looking at new releases, so maybe it is different with them. Not a single title I am interested in is nearly as low at Amazon, before the extra 20% off.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Hey - does this apply to their counterpart in the CD world? (I doubt it, but no harm asking). There's a couple of discs I've been waffleing on that an additional 20% off could swing me.

Michael Sliger

Second Unit
DVD Price Search's database does suggest to me that DDD might have done a few price alterations this afternoon. DDD are selling Doctor Who (2005): Series 1 for $74.99 right now, but DVD Price Search lists their price as $71.48. With the 20% discount, I can't argue with the $59.99 price (kills the competition). Still, it does indicate that people might want to double check that they are getting a good deal with this sale. In most cases, they should.

Tim_P_76

Second Unit
Real Name
Timothy J. Parkans
The sale IS ON! I'm off to an early start!.

Here is order #1:

DVD : ROMANCING THE STONE/JEWEL O $ 17.80 In-stock
DVD : BATTLESTAR GALACTICA-1ST SE $ 34.84 In-stock
DVD : BATTLESTAR GALACTICA-SEASON $ 29.04 In-stock
DVD : BATTLESTAR GALACTICA-SEASON $ 29.04 In-stock
DVD : JAMES BOND ULTIMATE COLLECT $ 43.91 In-stock
DVD : JAMES BOND ULTIMATE COLLECT $ 43.91 In-stock
DVD : POLICE SQUAD-COMPLETE SERIE $ 10.93 In-stock
DVD : STRANGE LOVE OF MARTHA IVER $ 7.55 In-stock
DVD : SESAME STREET-OLD SCHOOL V. $ 19.14 In-stock
DVD : PINK FLOYD-PULSE (2DVD) $ 12.68 In-stock
DVD : TOUGH GUYS COLLECTION (6PK) $ 33.09 In-stock
DVD : HOLLYWOOD'S LEGENDS OF HORR $ 22.06 In-stock
DVD : BOGIE & BACALL SIGNATURE CO $ 22.06 In-stock

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Ordered West Wing Complete Series this afternoon. Probably just 1 more order next week, as that WW set took up a lot of my budget for the sale.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I've been trying to navigate their site tonight and am running into major problems. Lots of error messages pointing to their server.

Maybe theya re not handling the stress of the sale too well. I guess I'll try later.

seanOhara

Supporting Actor

From what I can tell, most of them are normal fluctuations that are just as likely to be decreases as increases. For example, the Astaire & Rogers Ultimate Collection went up a couple bucks since this morning, but the Forbidden Planet tin has dropped a few dollars.

And some of the larger price changes are because DDD has other sales that are ending today. I just saw someone over at DVD Talk whining that The Prisoner Megaset shot up $15 right before the sale began. Of course what happened is that it was part of the A&E 50% off sale that was scheduled to end today.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks