Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Does anyone have a Video Blue Book, or a shortcut to the site.

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 of 15 OFFLINE   Seth=L

Seth=L

Screenwriter

• 1,313 posts

Posted November 08 2006 - 09:21 AM

Here is the deal, I want a Blue Book value on a video product, but I have the strong urge not to pay for the information via funds. In fact I simply will not pay. What I am looking for is similar to this:

http://www.usedprice....&lookuplevel=1

The above link is Orion's Audio Blue Book, absolutely free. That is how I would like for the video blue book to be, free.

The products I am interested in finding are the Toshiba SD-9000 dvd player.

The info I am looking for is the MSRP, used price, mint buying price, and average buying price.

Thankyou in advance for any help,

#2 of 15 OFFLINE   Seth=L

Seth=L

Screenwriter

• 1,313 posts

Posted November 13 2006 - 04:46 AM

bump... anyone?

#3 of 15 OFFLINE   alan halvorson

alan halvorson

Screenwriter

• 2,021 posts

Posted November 13 2006 - 02:59 PM

What you're asking for is unethical. I suggest you look elsewhere for the information. Or, better, pay for it.
They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!
They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!!!
- Napoleon XIV

#4 of 15 OFFLINE   Seth=L

Seth=L

Screenwriter

• 1,313 posts

Posted November 13 2006 - 04:16 PM

unethical?, because it is taking information that should be readily available to any consumer that wants it, how is that unethical?

#5 of 15 OFFLINE   ThomasC

ThomasC

Lead Actor

• 6,526 posts

Posted November 13 2006 - 11:27 PM

If you're only supposed to get the information by paying it, then that's the only way you should get it. Just because it should be free in your opinion doesn't mean that it is. It sucks like that sometimes.

#6 of 15 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member

• 5,538 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted November 14 2006 - 02:56 AM

So someone who is willing to pay should give you a free ride? And why should the info be free? It costs money to gather and edit information and to build and maintain a website.
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#7 of 15 OFFLINE   Seth=L

Seth=L

Screenwriter

• 1,313 posts

Posted November 14 2006 - 09:28 AM

So everyone here has a legitimate copy, that they paid for, of Windows XP then? No one here has ever copied a DVD or a CD with no intent of paying the studios. You do know that people hack these sites so anyone can use them right? The link I posted in the starting post is the audio portion of Orion bluebook. The way the Orion blue book is setup allows a max of 1 year subscription, this link has worked for 2 years already. It was also updated. This likely means it is a hacked link, so not likely that an individual paid for it and then sent it to all his buddies.

#8 of 15 OFFLINE   ThomasC

ThomasC

Lead Actor

• 6,526 posts

Posted November 14 2006 - 09:37 AM

#9 of 15 OFFLINE   Holadem

Holadem

Lead Actor

• 8,972 posts

Posted November 14 2006 - 09:48 AM

Sure but we don't advertise it as if it were our god-given right to do so. With the exception of mob flicks and Robin Hood, no one likes a self-righteous thief. Were you not lamenting the decline of moral values in our society at large in some other thread? -- H

#10 of 15 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member

• 5,538 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted November 14 2006 - 09:56 AM

Just because you are content to take these actions, don't assume others do. My XP is legitimate, I have no copied DVDs or CDs. BTW, if a bank's vault is open and no one is looking, is it ok to walk in and take money? What you are saying is, if you can do it, its ok. No, my heart is not as pure as the driven snow, not everything I've done is ethical, but I do try.
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#11 of 15 OFFLINE   Holadem

Holadem

Lead Actor

• 8,972 posts

Posted November 14 2006 - 10:05 AM

Well, how much money are we talking? -- H

#12 of 15 OFFLINE   Seth=L

Seth=L

Screenwriter

• 1,313 posts

Posted November 15 2006 - 04:54 AM

I suppose if I really need the info I could just pay for it, as it is only for one item, I just don't want to pay $4 and find out my DVD player is only worth $20, that would piss me off.

Holadem, I think the rule is if it is under $10000 just leave it, and if it is over $250000, again leave it.Posted Image

#13 of 15 OFFLINE   alan halvorson

alan halvorson

Screenwriter

• 2,021 posts

Posted November 15 2006 - 06:09 AM

Ebay is a very good indicator of what something is worth and it's free. Another way might be to actually try to trade it in. Some retailers will take trade-ins; they'll be happy to tell you that your dvd player, receiver, speakers, etc., are actually worth next to nothing to them. Maybe they'll even give you all the other information you want.
They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!
They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!!!
- Napoleon XIV

#14 of 15 OFFLINE   Tim L

Tim L

Second Unit

• 323 posts

Posted November 15 2006 - 09:55 AM

most of the prices on that site I don't agree with anyway-seems they lowball alot of stuff-IMHO Tim

#15 of 15 OFFLINE   Seth=L

Seth=L

Screenwriter

• 1,313 posts

Posted November 15 2006 - 05:29 PM

The Toshiba SD-9000 doesn't appear on Ebay to often, and info about it is limited. The only thing I know is the original retail was $1200.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users