-

Photo
- - - - -

Odd Couple Season 2: When?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 of 13 OFFLINE   Carlos Garcia

Carlos Garcia

Screenwriter

• 1,065 posts

Posted November 07 2006 - 12:12 PM

Has there been any news as to when Season 2 of the Odd Couple will be released? As great as the Time-Life Season 1 set was, I'm wondering why they didn't give buyers the same opportunity of buying the complete series all at once, like they're doing with the Get Smart series.
I'm a classic TV fan. Widescreen? What's that?

#2 of 13 OFFLINE   Joe Karlosi

Joe Karlosi

Producer

• 6,001 posts

Posted November 07 2006 - 10:04 PM

Yeah, when? I've got my money waiting!

How did Season One do overall? I thought it was very successful.

#3 of 13 OFFLINE   Steve Meskell

Steve Meskell

Second Unit

• 381 posts

Posted December 19 2006 - 08:21 PM

Quick bump.....anything on the radar?

#4 of 13 OFFLINE   Joe Karlosi

Joe Karlosi

Producer

• 6,001 posts

Posted December 19 2006 - 10:00 PM

This is really killing me. I want this entire show badly, all 5 seasons. When I go to Best Buy and see practically every other series, old and new, on the shelves I just don't understand this. THE ODD COUPLE is one of the most enjoyable sitcoms of the '70s and it comes from a classic Neil Simon comedy, for cryin' out loud! We should be seeing these seasons released quickly, and direct from Paramount to the stores!

Just so the folks at Paramount are aware -- I work with a guy who's also a big fan of the show. I told him Season 1 was only available through Time Life, and he told me that he'd go ahead and order it for himself. Well, a few weeks later when I asked if he had bought it, he said "nah, my girlfriend ordered the entire 114 episodes for me for Christmas"! When I "explained" what she was actually buying, he was indifferent. He said "I don't care, as long as I have them all".

Food for thought to all the major studios that sometimes he who hesitates is lost.

#5 of 13 OFFLINE   Joe Karlosi

Joe Karlosi

Producer

• 6,001 posts

Posted December 20 2006 - 10:13 PM

Yesterday I spotted Volume 2 of THE FLYING NUN on the shelves. I'm not saying it's not a fun show, but more popular to merit release than THE ODD COUPLE? Come on!

#6 of 13 OFFLINE   Carlos Garcia

Carlos Garcia

Screenwriter

• 1,065 posts

Posted December 21 2006 - 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Karlosi
Yesterday I spotted Volume 2 of THE FLYING NUN on the shelves. I'm not saying it's not a fun show, but more popular to merit release than THE ODD COUPLE? Come on!

Joe, I'm assuming they're taking their time with season 2 because they want to pack it with alot of good extras, like they did with season 1. Since it is a Time-Life exclusive, however, I'm still baffled why they didn't release the entire series all at once like they did with Get Smart.

#7 of 13 OFFLINE   if200

if200

Agent

• 47 posts

Posted December 24 2006 - 06:26 AM

Good News. Paramount is releasing Season One in April. This is a good sign that they will release the rest of the seasons.

#8 of 13 OFFLINE   FrancisP

FrancisP

Screenwriter

• 1,114 posts

Posted December 24 2006 - 10:30 AM

Paramount's sales will certainly be cut by Time-Life's sale of Season 1. Maybe enough to make any further season releases moot. I certainly hope their expectations are tempered by the fact that season 1 has been released already by Time-Life. Are we also to assume that Time-Life will not be releasing any further seasons? If all of this is true then this may not be such good news.

#9 of 13 OFFLINE   neuroticomic

neuroticomic

Agent

• 40 posts

Posted December 25 2006 - 05:40 AM

I mailed TimeLife and they said that they only own the rights to the first season of the Odd Couple.
Not sure how this affects the rest of the series.
Unless its Paramounts baby from here on out.

#10 of 13 OFFLINE   Carlos Garcia

Carlos Garcia

Screenwriter

• 1,065 posts

Posted December 25 2006 - 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuroticomic
I mailed TimeLife and they said that they only own the rights to the first season of the Odd Couple.
Not sure how this affects the rest of the series.
Unless its Paramounts baby from here on out.

That's strange. I was under the impression that TimeLife had the rights for the complete series for 1 yr, then it would hit the stores. I guess I got that impression because that's the deal they have with Get Smart.

#11 of 13 OFFLINE   neuroticomic

neuroticomic

Agent

• 40 posts

Posted December 25 2006 - 03:30 PM

Carlos, I am hoping your right, and that the person who answred me was misinformed.

I NEED those other 4 Odd Couple seasons.

#12 of 13 OFFLINE   Michael Alden

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor

• 825 posts

Posted December 26 2006 - 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Karlosi
This is really killing me. I want this entire show badly, all 5 seasons. When I go to Best Buy and see practically every other series, old and new, on the shelves I just don't understand this. THE ODD COUPLE is one of the most enjoyable sitcoms of the '70s and it comes from a classic Neil Simon comedy, for cryin' out loud! We should be seeing these seasons released quickly, and direct from Paramount to the stores!

Just so the folks at Paramount are aware -- I work with a guy who's also a big fan of the show. I told him Season 1 was only available through Time Life, and he told me that he'd go ahead and order it for himself. Well, a few weeks later when I asked if he had bought it, he said "nah, my girlfriend ordered the entire 114 episodes for me for Christmas"! When I "explained" what she was actually buying, he was indifferent. He said "I don't care, as long as I have them all".

Food for thought to all the major studios that sometimes he who hesitates is lost.

Most of these bootleg sets are horrible. They aren't transferred from SP tape masters most of the time, usually from a generation or two down. And then to top it off, these pirates are so cheap they try to cram as many episodes as they can on a disc, using LP, SLP and even worse. The compression makes it unwatchable. Let's see if your friend cares after he tries to watch this crap. Another thing, the show has only been available in pre-cut syndicated form since the early 80s so no one has them running any longer than 22 minutes.

#13 of 13 OFFLINE   Joe Karlosi

Joe Karlosi

Producer

• 6,001 posts

Posted December 26 2006 - 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Alden
Most of these bootleg sets are horrible. They aren't transferred from SP tape masters most of the time, usually from a generation or two down. And then to top it off, these pirates are so cheap they try to cram as many episodes as they can on a disc, using LP, SLP and even worse. The compression makes it unwatchable. Let's see if your friend cares after he tries to watch this crap. Another thing, the show has only been available in pre-cut syndicated form since the early 80s so no one has them running any longer than 22 minutes.

I agree with you. Still, the best things the companies can do to avoid this is to put the material out themselves.

Back to TV on DVD and Blu-ray

Forum Nav Content I Follow