Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Giving a thumbs up to Paramount!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
18 replies to this topic

#1 of 19 marcSo

marcSo

Stunt Coordinator

• 128 posts

Posted November 07 2006 - 10:55 AM

If you look at how little is being released these days on the older or classic tvondvd front.Paramount seems to be standing out right now.In December They are finishing up the 8th season of the Andy Griffith Show.also they are releasing the 4th season of Hogans Heroes and the 1st season of Gomer Pyle.for 2007 They have announced the 1st season of Beauty and the Beast. The 1st season of Family Ties and now the 1st season of Hawaii Five O.also if paramount has Hawaii Five O. On their platter than I have to think that the Fugitive is somewhere in their near future plans.At least for now we have some older titles coming from paramount.

#2 of 19 Jay_B!

Jay_B!

Screenwriter

• 1,746 posts

Posted November 07 2006 - 11:19 AM

now if only Taxi can get out of neutral and race to the finish line. I gave up all hope for Happy Days, but Taxi is still a hope.

I am very happy for Family Ties as well.

#3 of 19 Firebee

Firebee

Supporting Actor

• 759 posts

Posted November 07 2006 - 11:34 AM

I, too, am hoping for the rest of Taxi and am very glad that Family Ties is finally coming to DVD. You have to admit that Paramount when do DVDs does a great job, unlike Universal! The other great DVD company seems to Buena Vista, and whomever produced ``The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.'' as every disc in that set was great, worked fine, and the extras were awesome, and this comes from someone who NEVER saw a single episode when it aired. I also look at recent CBS sets such as JAG, at least the first season. Just got second season today from Amazon.com as well as first season of Melrose Place and have yet to check those out. Posted Image

I also have not enough time to watch all of these DVDS:

http://www.invelos.c....aspx/fire26bee

#4 of 19 mannix

mannix

Stunt Coordinator

• 178 posts

Posted November 07 2006 - 12:49 PM

I would like it if paramount would release mannix and longstreet

#5 of 19 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

Lead Actor

• 7,064 posts
  • LocationNorth Hollywood, CA

Posted November 07 2006 - 02:18 PM

I want to thank them for my Police Squad DVD. I waited for years, and they finally delivered. Posted Image

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#6 of 19 Jeff*H

Jeff*H

Supporting Actor

• 688 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted November 07 2006 - 02:43 PM

Paramount does a good job on the shows they have put out on DVD (uncut, good-looking prints), but they have a very spotty track record when it comes to completing series. Yes, they finished the Star Treks, Andy Griffith, I Love Lucy, Brady Bunch and MacGyver, but they have abandoned Happy Days, Mork and Mindy, Taxi, Laverne and Shirley and others.
Facebook members, be sure to visit my Hawaii Five-0 Celebration page:  http://www.facebook....113331868678710

#7 of 19 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,434 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted November 07 2006 - 02:47 PM

Since they've done nice work, I'll give the thumbs up to Paramount but I'll give them two thumbs up when they release Twin Peaks: Season Two. Posted Image

#8 of 19 Bob Hug

Bob Hug

Screenwriter

• 1,760 posts

Posted November 07 2006 - 11:12 PM

Another thumbs up for Paramount, which will also be releasing season 1 of "Mission: Impossible" in December. Paramount also has the best track record among the major studios (Fox, Sony, Universal, Warner) when it comes to releasing black & white shows.

#9 of 19 michael_ks

michael_ks

Screenwriter

• 1,295 posts

Posted November 07 2006 - 11:46 PM

Quote:
Paramount also has the best track record among the major studios (Fox, Sony, Universal, Warner) when it comes to releasing black & white shows.

Hopefully that translates into additional releases for "Have Gun Will Travel" and "Rawhide".

#10 of 19 cafink

cafink

Producer

• 3,022 posts

Posted November 08 2006 - 12:51 AM

I cannot give a thumbs up until I hold in my hands a copy of the third and final season of "The Adventures of Pete & Pete."

#11 of 19 julienUK

julienUK

Stunt Coordinator

• 63 posts

Posted November 08 2006 - 01:18 AM

I just wish they would hurry and release Frasier seasons 9 and 10, it's been ages since season 8 was released!

#12 of 19 Eric Peterson

Eric Peterson

Screenwriter

• 2,959 posts

Posted November 08 2006 - 02:05 AM

Paramount also has the best track record among the major studios (Fox, Sony, Universal, Warner) when it comes to releasing black & white shows.

The irony being that they are the worst studio when it comes to releasing B&W movies.

#13 of 19 todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,854 posts

Posted November 08 2006 - 06:09 AM

I will give them a half thumb. I want to see how fast they release futher seasons of Wild Wild West and Mission Impossible. And they definitely won't get a thumbs up until they release The Untouchables.
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#14 of 19 Jay_B!

Jay_B!

Screenwriter

• 1,746 posts

Posted November 08 2006 - 07:20 AM

one prob with Paramount is how they skimp on extras, they are doing fine with newer shows and with cannon classics like Trek and Lucy, but for most of their big shows, they just throw the set out with no-frills.

#15 of 19 Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 4,734 posts

Posted November 08 2006 - 07:22 AM

I'll add my voice to those who say we need the last two seasons of Taxi!

#16 of 19 RoyM

RoyM

Stunt Coordinator

• 204 posts

Posted November 08 2006 - 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Favate
I'll add my voice to those who say we need the last two seasons of Taxi!

Me, too!! Just two more seasons. Come on Paramount... you can do it!

Also, more Wild Wild West please, as soon as possible.

#17 of 19 PaulaJ

PaulaJ

Supporting Actor

• 577 posts

Posted November 11 2006 - 10:08 AM

I'd be more happy about Paramount if their Wings DVDs had decent transfers.

I'd really worried that Beauty and the Beast is going to look as bad as Wings.
PaulaJ

#18 of 19 Larry.P

Larry.P

Stunt Coordinator

• 83 posts

Posted November 11 2006 - 11:05 AM

Paramount can be very hit or miss. If they get all 6 seasons of "The Lucy Show" released uncut, PLUS "Lucy In London" with all it's music intact, they will have my undying devotion.

#19 of 19 jim_falconer

jim_falconer

Second Unit

• 471 posts

Posted November 11 2006 - 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_B!
one prob with Paramount is how they skimp on extras, they are doing fine with newer shows and with cannon classics like Trek and Lucy, but for most of their big shows, they just throw the set out with no-frills.

That is so true. Seeing that Barry Williams, Chris Knight, and Susan Olsen had already recorded commentary for at least 3 episodes of the Season 2 release of 'The Brady Bunch' (before it was even released), and Paramount chose not to include it....that's what called REALLY dropping the ball with extras!

Forum Nav Content I Follow