What's new

Giving a thumbs up to Paramount! (1 Viewer)

marcSo

Stunt Coordinator
If you look at how little is being released these days on the older or classic tvondvd front.Paramount seems to be standing out right now.In December They are finishing up the 8th season of the Andy Griffith Show.also they are releasing the 4th season of Hogans Heroes and the 1st season of Gomer Pyle.for 2007 They have announced the 1st season of Beauty and the Beast. The 1st season of Family Ties and now the 1st season of Hawaii Five O.also if paramount has Hawaii Five O. On their platter than I have to think that the Fugitive is somewhere in their near future plans.At least for now we have some older titles coming from paramount.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
now if only Taxi can get out of neutral and race to the finish line. I gave up all hope for Happy Days, but Taxi is still a hope.

I am very happy for Family Ties as well.

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
I, too, am hoping for the rest of Taxi and am very glad that Family Ties is finally coming to DVD. You have to admit that Paramount when do DVDs does a great job, unlike Universal! The other great DVD company seems to Buena Vista, and whomever produced ``The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.'' as every disc in that set was great, worked fine, and the extras were awesome, and this comes from someone who NEVER saw a single episode when it aired. I also look at recent CBS sets such as JAG, at least the first season. Just got second season today from Amazon.com as well as first season of Melrose Place and have yet to check those out.
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

mannix

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
tim
I would like it if paramount would release mannix and longstreet

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
Paramount does a good job on the shows they have put out on DVD (uncut, good-looking prints), but they have a very spotty track record when it comes to completing series. Yes, they finished the Star Treks, Andy Griffith, I Love Lucy, Brady Bunch and MacGyver, but they have abandoned Happy Days, Mork and Mindy, Taxi, Laverne and Shirley and others.

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
Another thumbs up for Paramount, which will also be releasing season 1 of "Mission: Impossible" in December. Paramount also has the best track record among the major studios (Fox, Sony, Universal, Warner) when it comes to releasing black & white shows.

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
I cannot give a thumbs up until I hold in my hands a copy of the third and final season of "The Adventures of Pete & Pete."

julienUK

Stunt Coordinator
I just wish they would hurry and release Frasier seasons 9 and 10, it's been ages since season 8 was released!

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson

The irony being that they are the worst studio when it comes to releasing B&W movies.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I will give them a half thumb. I want to see how fast they release futher seasons of Wild Wild West and Mission Impossible. And they definitely won't get a thumbs up until they release The Untouchables.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
one prob with Paramount is how they skimp on extras, they are doing fine with newer shows and with cannon classics like Trek and Lucy, but for most of their big shows, they just throw the set out with no-frills.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I'll add my voice to those who say we need the last two seasons of Taxi!

RoyM

Stunt Coordinator

Me, too!! Just two more seasons. Come on Paramount... you can do it!

Also, more Wild Wild West please, as soon as possible.

PaulaJ

Supporting Actor
I'd be more happy about Paramount if their Wings DVDs had decent transfers.

I'd really worried that Beauty and the Beast is going to look as bad as Wings.

Larry.P

Stunt Coordinator
Paramount can be very hit or miss. If they get all 6 seasons of "The Lucy Show" released uncut, PLUS "Lucy In London" with all it's music intact, they will have my undying devotion.

jim_falconer

Screenwriter

That is so true. Seeing that Barry Williams, Chris Knight, and Susan Olsen had already recorded commentary for at least 3 episodes of the Season 2 release of 'The Brady Bunch' (before it was even released), and Paramount chose not to include it....that's what called REALLY dropping the ball with extras!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks