Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Sony SXRD opinions - Console & PC Gaming

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   Adramelech

Adramelech

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted November 06 2006 - 09:51 PM

I'm either thinking about the 55" or the 60". The main reason I'm looking at this is to play games, watch movies, and hook my PC to it to play games and use as a monitor. I read that the 60" has something special that makes the video look better? Is this true? I also read that the Sony unit won't take a real 1080 signal from video cards, but some video cards have software that down converts the resolution a bit to fix the Start Bar from being cut off the screen? I have a Radeon X700 right now with DVI. If I use a DVI to HDMI convertor how will my PC show up on the Sony? Will the text be sharp? Will I be able to use it as a monitor? I want to play Battlefield 2142 on it from my PC. Will I have any problems with this? How does XBOX, PS2, XBOX 360 look on this unit? Will my SD 36" Toshiba Tube give me a sharper/better image when viewing Standard Definition TV compared to this Sony? I've read it looks washed out with SD and that tubes look better. Is this true?

Thanks for all of you help and time. Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users