Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

King of Queens S7 - final set?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   AnthonyC

AnthonyC

Screenwriter

• 2,342 posts

Posted November 06 2006 - 07:39 AM

http://tvshowsondvd....cfm?NewsID=6580

I'm a little confused--isn't the show about to enter its ninth and final season? Is the seventh the last one they're planning to release on DVD or something?

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Jay_B!

Jay_B!

Screenwriter

• 1,746 posts

Posted November 06 2006 - 07:51 AM

maybe it's an error on Gord's behalf. KOQ is one of those shows that's been on a long time but doesn't necessarily feel like it's been on so long, so maybe it felt a little shorter than it really is, and with it on hiatus until the last go-round of episodes start early next year, one may assume that it was over. I remember the local paper assumed "Reba" (which will be back in a few weeks) was gone at the beginning of the seasons because it was renewed as a mid-season replacement instead of a full season order.

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Jeff-Wooten

Jeff-Wooten

Stunt Coordinator

• 113 posts

Posted November 06 2006 - 09:09 AM

When I first read the press release, I thought they were meant the "eighth" season being released (much as the last year of Frasier was released on dvd after it's series finale), but then I remembered the series is coming back for its "ninth" season this January. I hope it's a typo. IMO, I thought Season 8 was a bit lackluster, but the completist in me would like to have all the KOQ seasons on dvd (and Season 8 does feature the very funny "stripper pole in the bedroom" and "bed-and-breakfast" episodes).

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey

Screenwriter

• 2,447 posts

Posted November 06 2006 - 11:24 AM

Yes, I messed up. I woke up and posted the news after reading this: Broadcast debut of the final season on CBS in the information from Sony. I was sleepy, and I read "final season" and posted it in the news. Whoops! I've received about 60-75 emails about it. Gord - Moron
Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   AnthonyC

AnthonyC

Screenwriter

• 2,342 posts

Posted November 06 2006 - 12:20 PM

Not a problem; I just wanted to clarify that they weren't abandoning the series after this set (didn't think they would but I just wanted to be sure). Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users